JBL 4410 and 4408 for HT? Refurbing now, need center channel too - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well my tax refund should be here any time now, and with that I will finally be refurbishing a set of JBL 4410s and 4408s. I got these for free from work since we were re-doing everything and they were going to toss them since the woofers needed re-foamed. I've researched it for a long time and will be ordering the kits soon.

The cabinets are ok but the damned idiots flushmounted the 4410s in a wall and used liquidnails to put molding on and around them.... so need to get that off which will damage the cabinet cosmetically.

I will (and don't shoot me or scream blasphemy) be refinishing the cabinets in a black color... so trying to see what to do on that, and how to re-do the covers. I kinda want my own twist on them... modernize them and make them look like they match and belong in a HT

But I have questions....

I have read some places that the JBL 4410 and 4408 are nearfield speakers. Is this true and will they work well for HT use? Right now I am using a set of Technics SB-A27 speakers for fronts (free from trash, which the 4410s will replace), and a set of Pioneer s-h153b-k ($6 goodwill) for surrounds which the 4408s will replace.

I need to find a center channel speaker to match well with these.... I thought about looking for a set of 4408s that might sell cheap and try to pull the parts from them to make a center channel. Right now I have an Infinity Sterling Video center channel speaker I am using.. so not sure how well that matches up

I fought it forever trying to find a good deal on a good sub, but never had any luck (you have to understand this setup I have now was all dumpster diving, consignment, goodwill and yardsale fodder lol). Since the JBLs are rated so highly by everything I read on them I wanted to find a excellent sub that I could use so I think I will be getting the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX

The receiver I will be using BTW is a Yamaha htr-5940 ($5 at a yard sale)

Is there anything in paticular to watch out for or take note of?

Any advice or answers to the above is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Here is the information on my current center channel don;t know how this compares to the JBLs but as I said I don;t know what to pair up with them

http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/...=US&Region=USA
post #3 of 3 Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Liked: 10
Try and look for a pair of JBL L80T's on C/list. Use 1 4410 for the center. The L80T's are 10" 3 way and can be found for around $150 to $200 but will probably need the woofers refoamed. These are a floor standing speaker too
and will balanced well with the 4410 as the center.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page