Dahlquist DQ 20 tweeters - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for replacement tweeters for Dahlquist DQ 20's. Regnar seems to be out of business. I know I may need to replace the crossovers since the original tweeter model seems to no longer be available. Any idea who I can call or what I can use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-04-2012, 12:31 AM

Liked: 11
There is a Yahoo Dahlquist user group that may be able to help.

Sadly, I recently parted with my pairs of DQ10s and 20is.

Regnar site seems to be functioning now for me. They are very proud of their products $-wise.

I thought that tweeter was still made? You might also get some help on Audio Karma, lots of Dahlquist owners there. I replaced a woofer in a 20i and found it easily and inexpensively on the giant E auction site.

Best of luck to you!
post #3 of 3 Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
BEWARE!!!

The Regnar site is still active but they do not return phone calls or emails. This is the only rip-off experience i have ever had with an online order. I ordered a pair of replacement tweeters for my DQ 20's and cancelled my order after never hearing from them for over a month. When I tried calling and emailing they then charged my VISA card and shipped the items after more than 6 weeks.

Returned the item via UPS by not accepting the package when it arrived. They received it and signed for it but have yet to refund my $. The web site says it can take up to 2 weeks to get a response. It has been over 5 months and still no reply.

I was able to find the original Scanspeak tweeters from Madisound http://www.madisound.com/ for half of Regnar's price and had it in 2 days.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page