Really confused..which 2.0 setup should i pick - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been around several threads on this great forum..thanks for all advice in my search for a new set of 2.0 speakers. Upgrading from B&W 603s3s.

I have auditioned:
B&W: CM9, 683 and CM8
Totem: Arro, Staff, Hawk
Dali Ikon 6 mk2
Aperion 4T (at a friends house)
PSB: Imagine T, Synchrony Two
Dynaudio X32

Also interested in Salk Songtower, Ascend Tower..but given that i can not audition them, they fall off the list (won't pay for what I can not audition and don't have the time to search someone with them)

From the list, the PSB Synchrony and Dyn X32 are the top contenders. Both are nice but slightly different; PSB offer a bit more slam and bottom octave is fuller, Dyn x32 is perhaps a bit more neutral.

Form factor is important to living room, and the X32 comes out ahead here, but the Synchrony's are acceptable...

...so, it's a bit like splitting hairs..Which of the two do you believe I will enjoy the most and why? Which one should i order? I just want to get on with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-05-2012, 07:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnCar View Post

...so, it's a bit like splitting hairs..Which of the two do you believe I will enjoy the most and why? Which one should i order? I just want to get on with it

If you can not decide, then do a coin toss!

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #3 of 6 Old 02-05-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I would have no problem choosing the Dynaudio X32 from that group. I think they are dynamite speakers.

The Synchrony Two are also excellent.

Another excellent speaker for slightly more money, which I have used for the last 20 years, is the Vandersteen 3A. It's worth the extra money if you want to spend $4000.

If that is out of your price range, the Vandersteen 2Ce Signature II is about $2500, and would be worth comparing to the others.

You can't go wrong with any of those, but personally I love the Vandersteen sound.

Quote:

I have been around several threads on this great forum..thanks for all advice in my search for a new set of 2.0 speakers. Upgrading from B&W 603s3s.

I have auditioned:
B&W: CM9, 683 and CM8
Totem: Arro, Staff, Hawk
Dali Ikon 6 mk2
Aperion 4T (at a friends house)
PSB: Imagine T, Synchrony Two
Dynaudio X32

Also interested in Salk Songtower, Ascend Tower..but given that i can not audition them, they fall off the list (won't pay for what I can not audition and don't have the time to search someone with them)

From the list, the PSB Synchrony and Dyn X32 are the top contenders. Both are nice but slightly different; PSB offer a bit more slam and bottom octave is fuller, Dyn x32 is perhaps a bit more neutral.

Form factor is important to living room, and the X32 comes out ahead here, but the Synchrony's are acceptable...

post #4 of 6 Old 02-05-2012, 04:58 PM

I am in the process of getting CM9s actually and have gone back and forth with quite in that price range. I just fell in love with the tweeters on B&Ws. Not only that, but Marantz pairs quite well and so does Rotel.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-05-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

So...after 4 auditions, and liking both X32 and PSB for different reasons, wife settled it with the form factor and color options preferring the X32s.

I will post impressions later, just realized that the broadcast SQ from SuperBowl on Fios doesn't allow fair impressions (SQ is very mixed and varied between commentary, ads etc).

Now, what amp should i get to match and get most out of them?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:

I will post impressions later

Please do as these are two speakers I am interested in as well but haven't got a chance to listen to myself yet.

And are you talking about the Synchrony Two towers or B's?
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page