I just finished my basement and got the following setup.
Open Concept basement -
1. HT room - 21'x13' - projector on 13' wall
2. Optoma HD33 projector ~13-14' from screen on ceiling
3. 120" Mustang motorized projection screen - mounted 6" from ceiling on bulkhead.
4. Denon 2112CI receiver
5. prewired for 7.1 surround.
6. PS3 for 3D content/gaming/movies.
7. HD cable box
My budget is not more than $2K for complete speaker solution including a sub. I have been looking @ Energy brand and here's what I came up with.
Surround ( both mid and backs):
Energy Connoisseur Surround Bookshelf Speaker (CR-10)
Energy Connoisseur Bookshelf Speakers (CB-20)
Energy Veritas LCR Speaker (VMINICR)
Energy Reference Connoisseur 4-Way Tower Speaker (RC-70) - Black - Single
Not sure on Sub 8" or 10".
I am more into audio fidelity and quality of sound - clear, concise and rich. I don't need volume or power as my wife will simply kill me
Excellent Music listening is also something I'd like to have as well. Classical music is something we all enjoy.
Your feedback is most welcome and appreciated.