Is the CMC2 wall mountable? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am still deciding between 683s, CM8s and CM9s (top-end of budget). Honestly, pulling my hair sicne I have been sitting on this for a while. I even considered used 604 S3s

Either I'll end-up with HTM61/62 or CMC2 for center channel. In either case, floor stand is not an option. Wife just wouldn't approve as it will block the fireplace.

So, looking for wall mounting options. The fireplace is surrounded by a 1/2 to3/4 inch naked backer board (no tiles - don't ask me why, just decor ;-) which may help with wall mounting without studs.

Any suggestions? Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAusio80 View Post

I am still deciding between 683s, CM8s and CM9s (top-end of budget). Honestly, pulling my hair sicne I have been sitting on this for a while. I even considered used 604 S3s

Either I'll end-up with HTM61/62 or CMC2 for center channel. In either case, floor stand is not an option. Wife just wouldn't approve as it will block the fireplace.

So, looking for wall mounting options. The fireplace is surrounded by a 1/2 to3/4 inch naked backer board (no tiles - don't ask me why, just decor ;-) which may help with wall mounting without studs.

Any suggestions? Thx!

post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2012, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
It would be nice to see the area you have to work with.

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAusio80 View Post

Any suggestions? Thx!

Have you seen these speakers???? You definitely CANNOT wall mount them. They need some space and they are fairly deep cabinets. Maybe you can build a nice shelf for it?? Well I'm sure you could one way or another mount them but I don't think you realize how goofy it would probably look.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Yeah, my thought as well. the B&W center is too nice a speaker to be mounted to the wall. A nice stand (give wife mind change inducing drugs) or a cabinet of some kind would do these babies some justice.

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page