Advice? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was thinking of getting some new speakers for a 5.1 system. Saw the sale at Newegg on the Polk's and was thinking of getting a set of Monitor 70's, Monitor 40's and a CS2. Currently have just some KLH speakers with a Klipsch KSW10 sub. Receiver is a pioneer vsx26tx 5.1, 100 w per channel, 500 total. Help me out here, I'm I off track on my thinking? Watch a lot of movies but enjoy rock n roll music also. Thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
If by chance you have a Best Buy local they usally carry the Polk line, that way you can listen for yourself as thats the best way to figure out if you like/want them.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1955 View Post

Was thinking of getting some new speakers for a 5.1 system. Saw the sale at Newegg on the Polk's and was thinking of getting a set of Monitor 70's, Monitor 40's and a CS2. Currently have just some KLH speakers with a Klipsch KSW10 sub. Receiver is a pioneer vsx26tx 5.1, 100 w per channel, 500 total. Help me out here, I'm I off track on my thinking? Watch a lot of movies but enjoy rock n roll music also. Thanks a bunch.

The Polks are good speakers for the money, particularly for the prices you can get them for at Newegg during sales. I had them and enjoyed them very much. In fact I am still using the 70's and 30's in a bedroom setup. I eventually updated to Paradigm Studios for my living room and office which I love, but they were many times the cost of the Polks. They (Polks) are pretty efficient speakers too, so your receiver should drive them pretty well.

Too many toys
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page