6 ohm SX-WND7 full-range speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a pair of Aiwa SX-WND7 speakers with built-in woofers. Each speaker has two wires, one for mid-to-high frequencies, and one for low frequencies. Both frequency ranges are rated at 6 ohms. The main unit that came with these speakers finally went out, and I would like to buy a new receiver, but I would like to reuse the speakers for front L and R if possible to save money, since the speakers have great sound and still work fine. I have several questions:

Most receivers seems to be rated at 8 ohms. Can I drive my 6-ohm speakers with an 8-ohm receiver?

Since each speaker has it's own built-in subwoofer, there are essentially two 6-ohm woofers to connect to the system. Can I use a Y-splitter to connect both woofers to the receiver, or will the receiver not be able to handle the load?

I would like to eventually get surround speakers, but I'm not sure when. Can I use a 5.1 receiver with only two speakers in case I decide not to buy surround speakers right away?

I will be using this system mostly for listening to classical music, and some movies. Is it a good idea to get a less expensive center and surround speakers?

Thanks in advance for your advice. I am looking to buy very soon, so I appreciate a quick reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 AM

Liked: 10
If and when someone answers your question could you pleas notify or tell em tha answer?

thanks

Hefty1620@comcast.net
post #3 of 3 Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 AM

Liked: 10
Hi David. Would you be interested in selling those speakers? Even one would do the trick for me. Please repond at your earliest convenience. You can contact me at Amarshall2112@gmail.com.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page