surround sound headphones - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I'm looking for two solutions for my HDTVs.

1st is the family room TV that tv has NO headphone jack, and I would like recommendations for a dolby headphone amp or SRS headphone amp with digital input, to simulate surround sound via headphones. That TV at this time will have NO AV receiver, but we frequently need one or two headphones in that room due to other activities in the room. See Below for features that I would like.

2nd is the main room with 5.1 Surround Sound HDTV setup. I would like a TRUE 5.1 headphone solution for late night viewing, but still want TRUE surround sound.

One thing it is difficult to find a dolby headphone amp or SRS headphone amp that is specifically for HD TV/Movies surround sound, most of the dolby/SRS surround sound headphone amps are for gaming, and they look like toys.

Here is an example of setup for the TRUE surround sound, the specs here. Unfortunately this surround sound setup has been discountinued. If some one could point me to something similar I would be grateful.

Features I would like:
Wire headphones, NOT wireless
Headphones NOT headsetg
Amp to look like amp not a toy
Amp to have two headphone jacks if possible.
digital optical input,
Remote Control
Over the ear headphones

Budget for both $300 closer to $200 would be better.

For dolby surround amp, if I have to go with gaming one like the Turtle DSS2 which make/model would be the best for movies/tv?

Which bang for buck headphones for the dolby headphone amp setup?

I say no wireless because I have yet to use or own a wireless headphone that didn't have a whine, or other unnessary noises, and last longer than 12 months. If I pay $100 or more for headphones I have to get 5+ years out of them.

All help is appreciated....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've had multiple turtle beach headphones last more than a year and the last two have been wireless. Although I am not condoning them for what you are looking for. I just have grown totally accustomed to them for my late night gaming sessions so much so that now I cannot game without them.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page