AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1349
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Best Buy, Page One, Bose Search, Unsorted, Consistently Good Reviews Average

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bose/Bose-Speakers/pcmcat168900050016.c?id=pcmcat168900050016

Amazon, Page One, Bose Search, Unsorted, Consistently Good Reviews Average

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bose#/ref=sr_nr_scat_3025451_ln?rh=n%3A3025451%2Ck%3Abose&keywords=bose&ie=UTF8&qid=1362420974&scn=3025451&h=96c2edc0182a224b76d105922a180b1fedc1adec

Yet I suppose all of these reviews are salted / posted by uninformed buyers / a ploy of marketing and a general conspiracy propagated by a multi national corporation in order to brainwash and sway buyers both now and in the future ..
So? If they didn't know enough not to buy something priced three times what it was worth in the first place why would they have smartened up after they bought them? But as for salting the reviews, yes, that happens. Bose employees have told me that they were paid to not only post false reviews but also to cruise forums to troll.
Now google 'enzyte', another product that's long (heh-heh) on promises, short on results. You might recognize their spokesman.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 220 Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Best Buy, Page One, Bose Search, Unsorted, Consistently Good Reviews Average

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bose/Bose-Speakers/pcmcat168900050016.c?id=pcmcat168900050016

Amazon, Page One, Bose Search, Unsorted, Consistently Good Reviews Average

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bose#/ref=sr_nr_scat_3025451_ln?rh=n%3A3025451%2Ck%3Abose&keywords=bose&ie=UTF8&qid=1362420974&scn=3025451&h=96c2edc0182a224b76d105922a180b1fedc1adec

Yet I suppose all of these reviews are salted / posted by uninformed buyers / a ploy of marketing and a general conspiracy propagated by a multi national corporation in order to brainwash and sway buyers both now and in the future ..

And if you read through many of these reviews, you'd think this was the world's best sub

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/

wink.gif

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #213 of 220 Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

So? If they didn't know enough not to buy something priced three times what it was worth in the first place why would they have smartened up after they bought them? But as for salting the reviews, yes, that happens. Bose employees have told me that they were paid to not only post false reviews but also to cruise forums to troll.
Now google 'enzyte', another product that's long (heh-heh) on promises, short on results. You might recognize their spokesman.

It's usually best, if you're going to compare in a debate, to use an apples to apples comparison .. say, one speaker company VS another ..

The point is, consumers, who are generally better informed than some might think, are, for the most part, happy with the product ..

But, like I said earlier, it's all a conspiracy created by the masterminds at the Bose Corp .. in conjunction now with Best Buy and Amazon and anyone else that sells the product ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #214 of 220 Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

And if you read through many of these reviews, you'd think this was the world's best sub

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/

wink.gif

It may well be the Worlds Best $90 Buck sub ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #215 of 220 Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My boss heard I was buying some speakers so he told me, "Bose is best." My response was, "I’ve got some B&W speakers on the way that are much better." His puzzled look told me that Bose was probably the best speaker he's ever heard advertised. Another woman heard this and said I didn't know crap about speakers. I sighed and vowed to never mention home theater in the office again.
post #216 of 220 Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 PM

Liked: 24
My first home theater system was a bose cinemate gs series 2. It sounded great at the time when I first purchased it. Best buy highly recommended and was the first thing they showed me was bose product. At that time when I first went to best buy. I had no idea about home theater. I was completely clueless. But, when I had my friends come over. All they did was give me crap for spending that amount on bose. And how bad it sounds. So I went to my friends house. Hooked up the bose system. This was to compare with what I had. And what my friends had. I was completely blown away by the difference. And there system cost just over $1200. I had no idea what a home theater sub sounded like. I thought the bose module was so awesome. I was so wrong until I heard their sub. Not to take anything away from bose. They make good products. But there are better out there. I did end up returning the bose.
post #217 of 220 Old 03-04-2013, 12:40 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post

My first home theater system was a bose cinemate gs series 2. It sounded great at the time when I first purchased it. Best buy highly recommended and was the first thing they showed me was bose product. At that time when I first went to best buy. I had no idea about home theater. I was completely clueless.

I had a very similar experience. The first two speakers I ever bought for myself were Bose from Best Buy and I liked them just fine. I went to buy a center channel later on and realized the tiny drivers in that speaker were less than awe inspiring so I compared it to a JBL center. The Bose was lacking. Then I went to the specialty home theater shop across the street and found out there were companies called PSB, B&W and Velodyne that make a fine product.
post #218 of 220 Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I would say Amar Bose is the Bernie Madoff of the audio/video industry.

Dumb enough to spend lots of cash on this junk!
post #219 of 220 Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
When I bought my first big screen plasma, just a mere 5 years ago, I was a complete newb about HT things. When I decided to enhance my sound, I first considered a soundbar tongue.gif , then considered a Home theater in a box setup..... read and read and read some more on AVS and came to the conclusion separate components, excellent sub, etc. was the way to go...thanks AVS.smile.gif

TV - Panasonic 58PZ700U plasma
L/R - Ascend Sierra Towers with RAAL Tweets in piano black
C - Ascend Sierra Horizon with RAAL Tweet in piano black
Surr - Polk Fxi-A6
Sub - SVS PC-13 Ultra
AVR - Denon 4520-CI
Blu-ray - OPPO 103
Comcast Set Top Box
post #220 of 220 Old 07-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Dr. Amar Bose has died...http://news.yahoo.com/founder-mass-based-bose-audio-214528913.html
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page