Paradigm Signature S8 V3's - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 07-26-2012, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought my first pair of Paradigm speakers about 15 years ago. Using my local Indianapolis retailer's 'trade up' policy, that if you bought a more expensive set of speakers within a year, they would give you the full price you paid for your original speakers in the trade in. So each year for my birthday I traded up.

So over the years Monitor 7s, 9's 11's, Studio 20's, Studio 40's, Active 20's, Active 40's, and now Studio 100 v4s have seen a year's worth of use in my home theater/music room. Each year I compared other brands of speakers in the trade up discussion, but for the money at each price point, it seemed clear to me that the Paradigm speakers outperformed the others. I did bring home a set of Definitive Technology speakers one year, but they didn't sound great in my room, so they went back.

I have stayed with the Studio 100 v4s for a few years now. They are simply a great speaker for the money. I went in a few times considering upgrading to the Signature line, but the price jump just was too large to justify the increase in sound quality. The Signature speakers are amazing, but too rich for my budget. That said, the price jumps for other brands (Thiel, B&W....) for the same upgrade in quality that the Signatures brought, was at a much higher premium.

Obviously personal taste in sound plays a factor, but my comparison over the years has always led me back to Paradigm as a great speaker for the money. If I had a giant influx of cash, the Signature 8's would definitively find their way into my listening room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 12-02-2012, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Studio 100 v.2 7.1 matched all around here.

What can I say, jut like at the S8 v.2 taking #8 of top 25 speakers, and I know it is all subjective:

http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile/the-25-ultimate-audiophile-speakers-of-all-time.html

I personally never felt like upgrading in the last 11 years that i owned 100 v.2s and I felt very
special when a human being in Canada instructed me to pack all my tweeters (9 total) and ship
them to Paradigm for v.5 replacements, all because of one blown tweeter, to ensure that their
customer who has now been 8 years out of warranty still gets the max out of their system. I say
kudos to such a company, few like this exist anymore.

What can I say, I am listening to Warner Japan's version of Hotel California in 5.1 SACD and it
just blows my mind decoded by the 6 AKM DACs in the A1UDCI then biwired Sherbourn 2x5/1500A and the Paradigms.

Now if a pair of S8 v.3 were to land in my lap for 3k...smile.gif
post #33 of 34 Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have a pair of Studio 10v5's and love them for my bedroom. I should get my Sig2's this coming week.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #34 of 34 Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

What speaker that costs roughly the same would you say out performs the S8's sound quality? In terms of accuracy, clarity etc? I haven't heard the S8's yet, but am trying to.

I suspect that the OP has made his decision in the intervening 10 months. (If not, at that price, for my ear/money it's the Salk SoundScape).
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page