Problems with active monitors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, you might remember a post that I had a while back asking about the best active monitor "for the money".

Well I ended up buying Samson a6 pair. I received them and excitedly hooked them up. Imagine my dismay when I realized, (almost immediately) that I had one tweeter not working at all.

I tried hooking them up with my phone, and my ipod using 3.5MM to 1/4 trs cable. To no avaial, no highs. Contacting Samson, I was promptley set up with a replacement pair.

I have been working away from home, and had not had a chance to hook up the new pair until tonight. And again, the same problem. No matter how I hook them up, I get no highs from the same channel. I hook up the speakers to my ipod, no highs from the (right) swicth the plugs from the left to the right to the same result. The same speaker no highs.

So I figured maybe, it was the cable, so I bouhgt 3.5mm to rca, the same results, no highs in the same speaker. Swicthed the rcas, from one channel to the other and the problems stayed with the speaker.

So what else could it be? Other than the one in a million shot that I got two defective pairs in a row?

Please tell me what I could be doing wrong..

My first DIY project. A dual, dual opposed setup

www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1345494
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page