Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2012, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hey all,

Friends got a set of paradigm studios he's setting up. (used to own these hehe) I think 60s up front, and the 590 center. No surrounds yet. He's either ordering the Atom bookshelves (v.2 I think) or a pair of the new Cinema bookshelves. He doesn't have an account here so I'm posting this for him. He's not going to buy others, so please don't recommend them. Which would be "closer" timbre matched for the setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
New, I would look at the Studio 10's if he's on a tight budget.....Studio 20's same version as the 60's if he's willing to look at used. Studio ADP's if he's willing to splurge.

Why would Cinema's even be considered? The new Atoms' (I believe they're version 7 now, V2's were a good 8-9 yrs ago) or even the Mini Monitors' would be ok but is there a reason you dont want to stay in the same series?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I personally don't think surrounds are very important, but he thinks their even less important. I agree though, I bet blindfolded it'd be hard to spot out tons of differences between surrounds since not much comes out of them.

I assume then atoms>cinema then lol?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

I personally don't think surrounds are very important, but he thinks their even less important. I agree though, I bet blindfolded it'd be hard to spot out tons of differences between surrounds since not much comes out of them.

There are lot of movies and concerts where having surround speakers makes a world of difference. Sure you can have just a L+R, or a L+C+R, but a lot of times the surround speakers are used to show sound coming from different directions, also just as common is sounds coming from the surrounds not as reverberation, but discrete sound. Ever watch any recent Blu-rays where you have a lot of action, like dropping in the middle of the action.

Oppo Beta Group
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

Let me get this straight....you don't think surrounds are that important and the owner thinks they are even less important.....so why post a question on a forum on which surrounds that best "match" his system?

If they dont matter, grab some cheapies from BB.....I'm sure you know someone there?