Need help with surrounds - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I need some input and ideas to improve my surround speakers performance. I believe the problem is position and probably less than desired output from the rear speakers.

Currently I am set up with 5.1 using Wharfedale WH2 speakers for my surrounds. I understand that the rears should not be heard most of the time and while sitting at the rear bar the surrounds are noticeable when they should be. The surrounds disappear when we move to the recliners in front of the bar. The main problem is that even though I have the surrounds above ear height while sitting at the bar I believe the bar blocks the sound to the theater seating. If I adjust the speaker level to +12 for the surrounds then they can be heard when needed from the front however then the back row is overwhelmed.

The goal is to not have to adjust the speaker levels every time we switch seating positions. FYI since the theater has been operational my family has eaten dinner at the bar top almost nightly for a movie or tv show. After we finish eating we move to the front seats to finish watching so we are using both seating positions daily.

I am contemplating going with in ceiling speakers to replace the on wall Wharfedale WH2 speakers. It seams like this would give a better angle for both seating positions.

Your thoughts on in ceiling speaker choices would be appreciated. My budget would be around 200 for a pair. I did see a pair of Sonance VP63R for $210.http://www.garrett-smarthome.com/pro...php?prod=92853 I don't know their quality but this is what my local Bjorn recommended... for twice the price. They thought the directional speaker was important for my application.

here are some pics to tie you a better idea of the space

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page