Please help me adjust the bass on Bose cinemate (series I) - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 67 Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chashint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I really feel for anyone that ventures in here asking for assistance with a Bose system, while humor is humor a bunch of you are down right mean.

dg_sound as you already know the Bose system turned out to be rather limited in its capability.
With a $500 budget you might consider something like this:
This is an entry level receiver but it is 3D capable, iPod connectivity, auto cal, 4 HDMI inputs for $180 its pretty darned good http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882117397
Not sure about this subwoofer but the budget goes quick, and to get better is going to cost double. Some might recommend that its money well spent and to get lesser speakers but I think this would be better than the Bose bass module and the price is right at $120 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290034
These are on clearance and at $200/pr they are a steal of a deal, the Bose cubes cannot compete with these on any level other than being smaller. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882780084
Newegg is a well know reliable dealer that has been in business a long time so you can order with confidence.

Regards,
Charlie

chashint is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Well, Nethawk...the OP even stated that Bose customer service told him they couldn't help him and only offered that he needs a more expensive system. Talk about a company admitting the system in question is crap!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #33 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,849
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint View Post

I really feel for anyone that ventures in here asking for assistance with a Bose system, while humor is humor a bunch of you are down right mean.

dg_sound as you already know the Bose system turned out to be rather limited in its capability.
With a $500 budget you might consider something like this:
This is an entry level receiver but it is 3D capable, iPod connectivity, auto cal, 4 HDMI inputs for $180 its pretty darned good http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882117397
Not sure about this subwoofer but the budget goes quick, and to get better is going to cost double. Some might recommend that its money well spent and to get lesser speakers but I think this would be better than the Bose bass module and the price is right at $120 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290034
These are on clearance and at $200/pr they are a steal of a deal, the Bose cubes cannot compete with these on any level other than being smaller. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882780084
Newegg is a well know reliable dealer that has been in business a long time so you can order with confidence.

+1

There is a lot you can do with a budget of approximately $500 that would be a significant improvement in sound over that Bose setup. The Pioneer VSX-821-K receiver is a good choice. I would steer away from that Polk PSW10 sub and lean toward the Pioneer SW8. Although for more serious bass for HT use, the BIC F12 is often recommended as the lowest entry level sub for budget systems and would be well worth the price difference. The BIC F12 is as low as I would go in a sub purchase. You don't want to be underwhelmed on bass again.

For speakers, you could also look at the Polk Monitor40 and PolkMonitor30. Typically, they are on sale even cheaper a couple of times a month at Newegg (subscribe to their mailing list). The Infinity Primus bookshelves (check Amazon and Crutchfield for pricing) are also often recommended here on AVS.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #34 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
dg_sound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have already made up my mind that the Bose Cinemate needs to go back. After the call with their customer service, I would have returned it even if it was a very good system.

cel4145 and chashint have great suggestions, thank you! I am also able to convince my better half about an increase in budget... so here are the ones I am thinking of based on my research -

Pioneer VSX-821-K + Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II + Polk Audio PSW10 $450
Denon AVR 1912 + Energy Take Classic 5.1 $949
Denon AVR-2112CI + Energy RC Micro 5.1 system $1250

Ideally, even if I extend the budget to $1000, I want to get the best value for money (i.e. best sound : price) and yet get a system that is easy to use. Thank you for your suggestions...
dg_sound is offline  
post #35 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jproy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East of West, Canada
Posts: 1,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg_sound View Post

I have already made up my mind that the Bose Cinemate needs to go back. After the call with their customer service, I would have returned it even if it was a very good system.

cel4145 and chashint have great suggestions, thank you! I am also able to convince my better half about an increase in budget... so here are the ones I am thinking of based on my research -

Pioneer VSX-821-K + Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II + Polk Audio PSW10 $450
Denon AVR 1912 + Energy Take Classic 5.1 $949
Denon AVR-2112CI + Energy RC Micro 5.1 system $1250

Ideally, even if I extend the budget to $1000, I want to get the best value for money (i.e. best sound : price) and yet get a system that is easy to use. Thank you for your suggestions...

Of your 3 options, number 1 would be my pick but minus the PSW10 (I had 2 of them). The little Polk sub won't fair much better than your Bose bass module. Look for the Bic America f12 (I had 2 of them), it isn't much more expensive the the PSW10 but easily twice the sub. If you shop a bit, it is below $200 at your door.

Number 2, scrap the 1912 and go with the 1712. Less money, better room correction (MultiEQ vs. MultiEQ XT for the 1712). They're virtually the same except for a few options.

Number 3 is good also, but you would have to spend on a good sub that can handle frequencies up to 150Hzish as the RC Micro will only go down to that area.

cheers
jproy13 is offline  
post #36 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Member
 
mrrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@OP: If you do decide to open the bass module, can you post some pic. Would like to see what they have inside
Thanks
mrrame is offline  
post #37 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,849
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 804
If you are willing to budget $1250, most people will agree put a lot of that money into the speakers, not the receiver. That's where the most bang for your buck is in audio quality. So I agree with jproy13. Get the Denon 1712 or even the 1612. Both of those have Audyssey MultiEQ or better.

Also, a full set of Polk Monitors will give you better sound than the two Energy satellite packages. Bigger drivers. Those Energys are only better choices if you don't have room for the more full sized bookshelves. Should be able to get Polk Monitor 40s for the front, Monitor30s for the rear, and then the CS2 center for a very reasonable price if you watch Newegg sales for just a few weeks (buy them separately as they go on sale).

Another option is the Pioneer 5.0 speaker set at BestBuy for $300. Lot of good testimonials in this thread for them: Pioneer's Speaker Genius Hits Low Price Point.

Then add the BIC F12 from Amazon to it. While it might seem a lot to spend almost $200 on a sub, consider that you are buying a speaker and an amplifier with a subwoofer.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #38 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jproy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East of West, Canada
Posts: 1,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

...Another option is the Pioneer 5.0 speaker set at BestBuy for $300...

good call

Also just want to point out to the OP that there is nothing wrong with the Energy Micro and/or Take series but in my opinion, like most satellite, you are paying more for "style" rather than substance.

cheers
jproy13 is offline  
post #39 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chashint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Earlier you said surround sound was not what you wanted due to wires.
Think about what you want in your room and the budget you are willing to invest in it.
There is a huge difference between a budget of $500 and $1k.
If $1k is put into a 2.1 channels you get a lot better speakers than you do at the $500mark.
With a $1k budget for everything I would stick to AVR's similar to the Pioneer 821, the electronics make way less difference than better speakers will.

Regards,
Charlie

chashint is offline  
post #40 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,445
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 710
Do not spend too much on a receiver - the Pioneer 821 or a Denon refurb,
from AC4L is a nice option. Also skip the Polk 110 sub. I would also aim
higher than little sat speakers. 3.1 is a good option to start with.

And I would pick the Polk RTi4 over the Monitor series
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-RTi4-BL...item35ba6d6ec5

And, I would look at the Carnival 2 speakers and Carnival 5 center
Here
http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/se...nival&n=467098

There are decent options out there for $1250.

__________________________________________
Who AM I

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is online now  
post #41 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
jjackkrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg_sound View Post


Denon AVR 1912 + Energy Take Classic 5.1 $949

Denon AVR-2112CI + Energy RC Micro 5.1 system $1250

Make sure to call Electronics' Expo and maybe several other authorized online resellers for the best price on a Denon receiver. And you have to actually call to get the best price.

The Denon 2112 can be had for <$450 shipped, new in the box, and is a great little unit, with MultEq XT and nice networking features and, importantly, only $10 more than a 1912 at EE. Skip the 1912. I agree, if you don't need networking, skip down to the 1712 for a substantial savings, but I like the networking features and think the 2112 is a very nice unit and for $10 more is a no-brainer over the 1912. Here is a thread regarding the Denon XX12 line, read the first three posts closely.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1334369

Here is a deals thread with some places to call to find deals on Denons from authorized resellers.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1388096
jjackkrash is offline  
post #42 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
jjackkrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Also, while I agree with the posts above that say speakers are the most important, I also think its nice to have a receiver with the features you want. Again, take a look at the XX12 thread, Batpig gives good advice on how to select the Denon receiver that meets your needs.
jjackkrash is offline  
post #43 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
dg_sound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post

Make sure to call Electronics' Expo and maybe several other authorized online resellers for the best price on a Denon receiver. And you have to actually call to get the best price.

The Denon 2112 can be had for <$450 shipped, new in the box, and is a great little unit,...

That was a great tip! I called Elec. Expo and the sold me the 2112 for $449 shipped. So now I have the receiver picked. Expo doesn't sell the BIC F12... so looks like I'll have to get it from Amazon for $188+tax ~$200 (unless someone can suggest a great deal for this one). For the speakers, I am still quite undecided. The space I have to put the speakers under the tv is just about 6.5 inches high, so I think I really want good but small speakers. I can put the center speaker above the tv and the two side speakers below the tv, at most 2.5 ft apart. What is a good choice? As I mentioned earlier, the room is 11'x20' and the TV/HT system is in a corner, while we watch/listen from the other corner.
dg_sound is offline  
post #44 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
HardBat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 View Post

Of your 3 options, number 1 would be my pick but minus the PSW10 (I had 2 of them). The little Polk sub won't fair much better than your Bose bass module. Look for the Bic America f12 (I had 2 of them), it isn't much more expensive the the PSW10 but easily twice the sub. If you shop a bit, it is below $200 at your door.

I disagree with the quote about the PSW10 not being much better than the Bose. I have heard both, and there is no comparison. The PSW10 is easily 10 times the sub as the Boss bass module. I haven't heard the Bic America, and I'm sure it is better than the PSW10, but I was just trying to stick within the OP's budget when I was building a setup for him.

The PSW10 is a great sub for the price.
HardBat is offline  
post #45 of 67 Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
jjackkrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg_sound View Post

That was a great tip! I called Elec. Expo and the sold me the 2112 for $449 shipped. So now I have the receiver picked. Expo doesn't sell the BIC F12... so looks like I'll have to get it from Amazon for $188+tax ~$200 (unless someone can suggest a great deal for this one). For the speakers, I am still quite undecided. The space I have to put the speakers under the tv is just about 6.5 inches high, so I think I really want good but small speakers. I can put the center speaker above the tv and the two side speakers below the tv, at most 2.5 ft apart. What is a good choice? As I mentioned earlier, the room is 11'x20' and the TV/HT system is in a corner, while we watch/listen from the other corner.

Sweet! I'm glad you found two good pieces, that is a great start.

As far as speakers placement, can you post a pic of the room where they will go? If at all possible, you want the front three (L/C/R) speakers about the same height and as close to ear level as possible and you want the left and right to be outside the edges of the TV, if possible. If you can't, you can't, but here is a link to a basic placement guide:

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/...ide/index.html
jjackkrash is offline  
post #46 of 67 Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
 
dowop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBat View Post

I disagree with the quote about the PSW10 not being much better than the Bose. I have heard both, and there is no comparison. The PSW10 is easily 10 times the sub as the Boss bass module. I haven't heard the Bic America, and I'm sure it is better than the PSW10, but I was just trying to stick within the OP's budget when I was building a setup for him.

The PSW10 is a great sub for the price.

I agree. There is no comparison between the Bose & Polk. I think the Polk is a excellent sub for the price.
dowop is offline  
post #47 of 67 Old 03-17-2012, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jproy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East of West, Canada
Posts: 1,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBat View Post

I disagree with the quote about the PSW10 not being much better than the Bose. I have heard both, and there is no comparison. The PSW10 is easily 10 times the sub as the Boss bass module. I haven't heard the Bic America, and I'm sure it is better than the PSW10, but I was just trying to stick within the OP's budget when I was building a setup for him.

The PSW10 is a great sub for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowop View Post

I agree. There is no comparison between the Bose & Polk. I think the Polk is a excellent sub for the price.

fair enough, although I disagree wholeheartedly, I respect your opinion. But to say it's an "excellent" or "great" sub for the price is a little extreme. It's a "sub" for the price. Sure, the build quality is very good, it looks very good too (in my opinion) and the amp is of good quality. But just know that at 50watt (the Canadian version anyway) of continuous power will more than likely be drawn out by the Monitor 40 if the friend chooses to go with that.

Think about it, 50watts continuous power (100watts peak) + 10" driver + low ends of 35Hz (claimed, if it does it 35hz, one more than likely wouldn't hear it as their is just not enough juice to push it)

If the friend wants that, then just get it, I was just trying to to relay that having owned a dual setup of them, I quickly noticed that I was missing a great deal of low ends from movies.

Good luck
cheers
jproy13 is offline  
post #48 of 67 Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
jjackkrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just saw another member recommend these in another thread. I can't vouch for them, but it looks like a great deal if you could find room for a pair of floor standers:

"4.9 of 5.0 stars out of 91 reviews and only $400

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...10030302008005

or

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...h&SSAID=389818"
jjackkrash is offline  
post #49 of 67 Old 03-17-2012, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chashint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 46
deleted

Regards,
Charlie

chashint is offline  
post #50 of 67 Old 03-17-2012, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Raymond Leggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
the op should adjust the bose into the trash can

One shall stand... One Shall Fall... - Optimus Prime
Raymond Leggs is offline  
post #51 of 67 Old 03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Leggs View Post

the op should adjust the bose into the trash can

Nevermind. You're not worth it.

Nethawk is offline  
post #52 of 67 Old 03-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
porsche951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Near Laguna Beach
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Geez, what a bunch of whiny elite buttheads. He didn't ask for your opinion on his equipment, he asked for help. If you can't provide it, move on.

dg_sound, pay no attention to them. Half haven't a clue why they hate Bose, they just think it's cool to hate because someone else does. Get your system the way you like it, and enjoy it. That's all that matters.

Whiny elite butheads? I love when someone uses the word, elite, as if it's somehow an insult. I suppose to the unwashed masses wallowing in mediocrity, it is...
porsche951 is offline  
post #53 of 67 Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche951 View Post


Whiny elite butheads? I love when someone uses the word, elite, as if it's somehow an insult. I suppose to the unwashed masses wallowing in mediocrity, it is...

You're reading it wrong. In your case, focus on 'butthead' and instead of thinking it an insult, consider it a compliment.


Nethawk is offline  
post #54 of 67 Old 03-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
porsche951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Near Laguna Beach
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

You're reading it wrong. In your case, focus on 'butthead' and instead of thinking it an insult, consider it a compliment.


. I rest my case.
porsche951 is offline  
post #55 of 67 Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,849
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 View Post

But just know that at 50watt (the Canadian version anyway) of continuous power will more than likely be drawn out by the Monitor 40 if the friend chooses to go with that.

Think about it, 50watts continuous power (100watts peak) + 10" driver + low ends of 35Hz (claimed, if it does it 35hz, one more than likely wouldn't hear it as their is just not enough juice to push it)

There was a mini review by another AVS member over in the subwoofer forum that confirms this conclusion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

Based on the hour or so that I did play with it, my conclusion is that this would be a decent sub for a very modest two-channel or home-office system in a smaller room. I don't think it would work very well in a large room (at louder volumes) or in any quasi-serious HT application.


Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #56 of 67 Old 03-18-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche951 View Post

. I rest my case.

Ahh, but I've gone through your forum responses and observed how many whiny elitist butthead posts you've made. You never really had a case.

Nethawk is offline  
post #57 of 67 Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
porsche951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Near Laguna Beach
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Ahh, but I've gone through your forum responses and observed how many whiny elitist butthead posts you've made. You never really had a case.

. I'm flattered that you took the time to go through my forum responses. Maybe, If you're a good boy and behave yourself, I might let you wash one of my Porsches.
porsche951 is offline  
post #58 of 67 Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Collingswood, N.J.
Posts: 15,164
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Keep on topic and stop with the "personal" retorts.
Ratman is offline  
post #59 of 67 Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche951 View Post

. I'm flattered that you took the time to go through my forum responses. Maybe, If you're a good boy and behave yourself, I might let you wash one of my Porsches.

I rest my case.

Nethawk is offline  
post #60 of 67 Old 03-19-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
dg_sound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post

Sweet! I'm glad you found two good pieces, that is a great start.

As far as speakers placement, can you post a pic of the room where they will go? If at all possible, you want the front three (L/C/R) speakers about the same height and as close to ear level as possible and you want the left and right to be outside the edges of the TV, if possible. If you can't, you can't, but here is a link to a basic placement guide:

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/...ide/index.html

Here is the pic - thanks for sparing the comments on the existing speakers, because that's being returned in favor of Denon AVR 2112 CI + BIC F12 + ??
The place where the speakers currently are is only 6.5" high, they are slightly below listening level. The center speaker (in my previous Sony system) was on top of the TV. I don't really want to run wires through the room. We usually sit on the sofa facing the TV, which is about 15' away (as you see, the tv is set diagonally in one corner, we listen from almost the other corner in the 11'x20' room). What kind of speakers should I get? Thanks for your suggestions!
LL
dg_sound is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off