Need 2 front speakers and small subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-17-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please guys help me with a recommendation 2 front speakers and small subwoofer. I had tower Infinitys and a 10 inch Velodyne. They are too big for the area sizewise. I am looking for something smaller like bookshelf size for the front 2 speakers and would like advice on that as well as the subwoofer, I want a really small one but would like some bass.
Currently, I have a center channel (B&W) and 2 bookshelf Polks for the rear. I am trying to keep costs as low as possible, maybe 250 MAX for all 3? Something close to that price is ideal, i dont mind shopping around.

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 239
If there is any way you can keep the Velodyne subwoofer, I would strongly advise you to.

Anything that is significantly smaller will not give you any low bass, and the Velodyne is an excellent one that puts out very good bass for its size. A kiss is just a kiss, but the laws of physics still apply...as time goes by.... Anything smaller than a 10-inch sub is actually not going to go low enough to satisfy most people in the bass department.

I would suggest the Polk Monitor 40 speakers for the front, since you have Polks now; they are less than $200/pair.

If you want some with better sound quality in a smaller size, the Cambridge Audio S30 speakers are $219 per pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmic View Post

Please guys help me with a recommendation 2 front speakers and small subwoofer. I had tower Infinitys and a 10 inch Velodyne. They are too big for the area sizewise. I am looking for something smaller like bookshelf size for the front 2 speakers and would like advice on that as well as the subwoofer, I want a really small one but would like some bass.
Currently, I have a center channel (B&W) and 2 bookshelf Polks for the rear. I am trying to keep costs as low as possible, maybe 250 MAX for all 3? Something close to that price is ideal, i dont mind shopping around.

Thanks a lot!

post #3 of 3 Old 03-17-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you very much. the Velodyne is just too much space I believe. Ill check out the Cambridge too!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page