AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen arcane View Post

Have you driven a Ford lately?

they have improved as they actually took the time to learn how to build quality products from Mazda.
I drove one of those ford products that Mazda taught Ford how to build right here in flat rock, MI. Fantastic vehicle that gave me 7 years and 120k of trouble free experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
"There are citizens in other countries that are willing to work more hours under tougher conditions than most Americans."

In the end you get far more than what you paid their salaries for so why bother with supporting whining Americans?

"The reason why the Chinese routinely produce bad quality items does not change the fact that they have routinely produced bad quality items."

If you produce **** but people still pay for it then more power to ya. Simple as that bro, that's how the world works, that's called power.
post #123 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo View Post

When your highest priority is cost reduction and increased profits, something has to give. right.?
apple iphone has great quality, made in china. Why? Passion from highest level flows down. So does cheapness.

Umm I don't think you read what I wrote. I have seen engineering paperwork specifically state that a weld at a certain temperture degree, with a certain type of gas, certain type of metal to be welded with, go ignored by a Chinese factory... Not by the direction of the us engineer or company. They do deviate on their own and if you are not smart enough to catch it, oh well.
post #124 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
why let country of origin affect any purchase for anything?

shouldn't you judge/choose/purchase a product based on your needs and the products ability? not where it came from?

aren't you just blindly limiting your options otherwise?

2.0 > 7.1
post #125 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

"The reason why the Chinese routinely produce bad quality items does not change the fact that they have routinely produced bad quality items."

If you produce **** but people still pay for it then more power to ya. Simple as that bro, that's how the world works, that's called power.

Correct, but that does not alter what I said one iota.
post #126 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
This thread is so far off topic it is ridiculous. I dread seeing it show up every time I open my AVS app. Can this thing just go away?

post #127 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaphile View Post

why let country of origin affect any purchase for anything? shouldn't you judge/choose/purchase a product based on your needs and the products ability? not where it came from? aren't you just blindly limiting your options otherwise?

Blind patriotism my friend... The idea that if it's made here, the jobs and money will stay here as well. The same people usually have no concept regarding how global biz works or stuck in the past where the money does stay in the country.

Once you have investments in multiple countries and learn how to make the most out of them given the different regulations, stuff like where something was made is irrelevant. Like I said, for all I know the stuff we ate and wear were made by illegal aliens anyway so the jobs aren't exactly going to the right people. Heck even factories overseas use illegal workers cuz they're cheaper than their third world tax paying citizens! I'm happy with my chinese made iPad and Armani Jeans. Fits my purpose and needs and I bet the quality is as good if it's made in US or Italy since they'll be assembled by asian or mexican workers anyway. This is in regard to mass production factories anyway.

Having said that, I respect small companies that produce everything in-house using mostly parts made locally. But those are boutique brands with products that can be considered arts and have nothing to do with real performance.
post #128 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Correct, but that does not alter what I said one iota.

Do you really think it'll be different if the item costs the same to us consumers and produced elsewhere like let's say USA? Actually yes, a simple math would say it's different, for the worse
post #129 of 133 Old 03-26-2012, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

This thread is so far off topic it is ridiculous. I dread seeing it show up every time I open my AVS app. Can this thing just go away?

It's not off topic actually, just that sometimes the truth is too hard for some to process.

And also we're free to choose which threads to read
post #130 of 133 Old 03-27-2012, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

Umm I don't think you read what I wrote. I have seen engineering paperwork specifically state that a weld at a certain temperture degree, with a certain type of gas, certain type of metal to be welded with, go ignored by a Chinese factory... Not by the direction of the us engineer or company. They do deviate on their own and if you are not smart enough to catch it, oh well.

I know what you wrote. Just giving the drawings with full specs does make it. You need to be able invest in those mfg lines, training, discipline, brainwashing exercise in order to make good. But of course, that all costs money.
post #131 of 133 Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

"There are citizens in other countries that are willing to work more hours under tougher conditions than most Americans."

In the end you get far more than what you paid their salaries for so why bother with supporting whining Americans?

We once had a population that worked long hours under extremely tough conditions. They were called slaves. The owners prospered while the slaves suffered. Those slaves were provided dorms and food, had to be ready to work when the boss said get up, like someone mentioned earlier about getting workers up in the middle of the night to go to work. Is this so different from the current China. Do they still break their feet so they can't run off?

Those whining AMERICANS are the same people who provide for other countries during catastrophes. They also have been and still are the first to defend others in war. When has China done this?

Maybe the Americans posting here who support American greed will get what they support. Slavery for themselves. BTW, some have criticized Americans for not wanting to work long hard hours with little pay. You apparently do not do this or you would not have so much time to spend on this forum.
post #132 of 133 Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 AM

+1

Also check out a couple of pages back where he talks about women giving birth & coming back to work in 10 days but he takes a hour nap after lunch.
post #133 of 133 Old 03-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Yes, this is no longer a discussion worthy of being on AVS.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page