Very small speakers for kitchen tv - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 07-26-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Update: When Verizon raised the rate on set top boxes, I cancelled the one in the kitchen, and hooked it up to my main dvr with an ir transmitter for the remote, works great. So I gained some real estate by getting rid of the box. I also was tired of the sound of the Audioengines, since I had no equalization control; faint highs and boomy lows, and we often listen to music in the kitchen. I solved the problem by moving them to my pc (where critical listening isn't as critical and equalization is easy), and moving my good old Fostex G101AV's and medium-sized Teac A-H300 integrated amp from the pc to the kitchen. Problem solved. I would be happier if the Teac were even smaller, as long as it sounded as good and had as much control, but it is too good to replace. The Fostex's are taller, but not having the stb makes it acceptable. Now when these die (I have already replaced the foam once), I will look for a similar solution, not a powered speaker.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 AM

I also have a small kitchen tv and a motorola fios box that I have on separate shelves in a portable kitchen hutch. I connected my InMotion charging station for my ipod to the fios box and get great sound from that. My charging station doesn't have a remote, so that's a big drawback. I tried connecting straight from the tv, but got a loud hum. I keep the tv control for the sound on mute but have to use the on/off button and the volume up/down buttons on the charging station to control the sound. I'm looking to replace the charging station with one that has a remote and read that some even have an fm receiver, which would be a nice feature. Still looking for the right one however.
post #33 of 33 Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 AM

How did you hook up the kitchen tv to the main dvr? Are you using one dvr for multiple tvs? I'd love to do that.
Reply Speakers