New ED Cinema custom 9 channel build: Finally pulled the trigger - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 123 Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

If you're looking to spend that kind of cash have you thought about Danley?

I have, and I have been talking to a gentlemen that has some used SH50s for sale at a reasonable price. I know they have a "different" sound compared to others, or so I have been told. My only concern lies in what will that difference be like to me...pleasing or not?? I had a local Danley rep trying to arrange an audition for me, but that kind of flopped too.

Chaos, I agree 100%. We would love the pool and theater room equally. The theater for use and the pool for not just use, but the setting it provides when surrounded by nice patio, our screen porch, etc. Its so tough to decide how to allocate funds. I am only 30yrs old and my dad keeps busting my chops about wanting it all at once. I work really hard and like to play hard too(indulge in things like the HT, pool, cars, etc.) I easily forget that it takes more than a day to get everything and I should be happy with what I have. I think back to where my family was at when my parents were 30 and it makes me feel like a yutz for being unsatisfied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 123 Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The pool is so much fun for entertaining.. We've done adult friend parties, family gatherings, even a meet and greet with our daughter's kindergarten class. It is perfect as long as everyone understands the safety rules (1 parent for EACH kid in the pool!) Get at least 2 lights for a 32-40' pool -they are great at night! I've got you by a few years (i'm 38 this year) and what i realized after my first house was "Do it now". The extra couple of bucks on a mortgage payment or an extra few hours a month at the office will not compare to the enjoyment missed by saving a few bucks up front. Besides, spending more up front provides me more motivation to go to work! If you can afford it, do it. The only reason to go slow, is to follow the 6 P rule-proper planning prevents p.i.s.s. poor performance.
post #123 of 123 Old 10-05-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischaos View Post

The pool is so much fun for entertaining.. We've done adult friend parties, family gatherings, even a meet and greet with our daughter's kindergarten class. It is perfect as long as everyone understands the safety rules (1 parent for EACH kid in the pool!) Get at least 2 lights for a 32-40' pool -they are great at night! I've got you by a few years (i'm 38 this year) and what i realized after my first house was "Do it now". The extra couple of bucks on a mortgage payment or an extra few hours a month at the office will not compare to the enjoyment missed by saving a few bucks up front. Besides, spending more up front provides me more motivation to go to work! If you can afford it, do it. The only reason to go slow, is to follow the 6 P rule-proper planning prevents p.i.s.s. poor performance.

Well said sir! I honestly think that most of my success in business has been because of my attitude. When I decide I want something, no matter how extravigant, I usually find a way to work for it. I think, like you, having a few extras to pay for is what drives me to do a little better in the office the next day. I may very well end up putting it all in, just need to find some deals on gear. The Seymour screen is certainly a great buy, and processors are reasonable. The speaker system isn't even my biggest worry cost wise,I just need to find ways to audition them. The projector is the biggest cost concern, as it can swing the cost of the room by $20k easily. My local Runco dealer has a vx8 he took on trader for $8k right now. Problem is its a 720 machine. I will probably continue to search the used market for now and hope something great comes up soon.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page