upgrade front 3 speakers, $1500~ budget - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 91
That's what I usually think of when I hear the term PA speaker. Something to get extremely loud with not so much thought put into refinement. It may not be an accurate assumption but most people think of it this way.

Television: Mitsubishi WD65737 DLP
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Amps: Carver AV 806x/Behringer EP4000
Mains: DCM TimeFrame 600 Center: AT 453C
Surrounds: AT 251.1 Sub: Danley DTS-10
Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD655
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I thought I would send an update out on this thread. I ended up upgrading my infinity p362/p350 center setup to 4 pro-10s and a sho-10 center about a month ago.
I've tested them out with various movies and music over the last couple of weeks and these are my impressions.
Pros:
When the speakers arrived they were packaged well, doubleboxed, no scratches dings etc....
Movies- this new setup is outstanding, no dialog issues, extremely clear sound and great dynamics, really brings out sound effects from movies I rewatched and you can play them as loud as you can stand without distortion.
Music- Surprisingly good with most music types I've tried, espeicially good with hiphop and jazz and anything with a lot of vocals. I was pleasantly surprised with how much better they sounded than my old p362s with music. (my p362s always sounded a little bright to my ears)
Appearance- The matte finish looks pretty good and they were actually smaller than I originally thought which was good, still not the greatest appearance but overall not bad.

Cons:
Movies- I really don't have anything negative to say about these with movies, everything I tested was great.
Music- They were good in almost every form of music I played, with one exception, they weren't my favorite speakers with Rock or music with a lot of electric guitars. I'm not sure what exactly is was, they just didn't seem to quite tight enough on the electric guitar solos or something sounded slightly off to me. It was a small thing but I did notice it, other than that though they sounded great for music.
Shipping- I did have some initial shipping issues with the carrier Chase Home Theatre uses, they mislabled my speakers and they were shipped to the wrong location at first so there was a delay in recieving them, but they did fix the issue so I wasn't to upset over it. Also they shipped me me 3 pro-10s and 2 sho-10s instead of the 4 pro-10s and 1-sho10 I ordered. Neither of these were really a big deal to me, I just put the extra sho-10 as one of my back speakers, but I thought I'd mention it as it was a negative in my experience.

In closing, I found these speakers to be a great purchase and would recommend them to someone looking to upgrade their HT. My primary reason for upgrading was to improve my HT experience and these speakers really shine in that area. The pro-10s I have are also very good music, and they sound a lot better than my previous infinity p362s. They are more accurate, detailed, and dynamic for both movies and music than my old speakers.
post #63 of 65 Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Glad to see you end up happy in the end! I bet it sounds fantastic!

The "Twinseltown" Theater
Construction Thread
post #64 of 65 Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
KEF Q600
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...Speaker/1.html

KEF Q700s
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...er-Each/1.html

they're running a 10% off KEF deal right now that would bring the total to $1,449.90

Hard to beat IMO...

Edit: I didn't read the last post. Whoops. Please disregard.
post #65 of 65 Old 05-15-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippery44 View Post

I thought I would send an update out on this thread. I ended up upgrading my infinity p362/p350 center setup to 4 pro-10s and a sho-10 center about a month ago.
I've tested them out with various movies and music over the last couple of weeks and these are my impressions.
Pros:
When the speakers arrived they were packaged well, doubleboxed, no scratches dings etc....
Movies- this new setup is outstanding, no dialog issues, extremely clear sound and great dynamics, really brings out sound effects from movies I rewatched and you can play them as loud as you can stand without distortion.
Music- Surprisingly good with most music types I've tried, espeicially good with hiphop and jazz and anything with a lot of vocals. I was pleasantly surprised with how much better they sounded than my old p362s with music. (my p362s always sounded a little bright to my ears)
Appearance- The matte finish looks pretty good and they were actually smaller than I originally thought which was good, still not the greatest appearance but overall not bad.

Cons:
Movies- I really don't have anything negative to say about these with movies, everything I tested was great.
Music- They were good in almost every form of music I played, with one exception, they weren't my favorite speakers with Rock or music with a lot of electric guitars. I'm not sure what exactly is was, they just didn't seem to quite tight enough on the electric guitar solos or something sounded slightly off to me. It was a small thing but I did notice it, other than that though they sounded great for music.
Shipping- I did have some initial shipping issues with the carrier Chase Home Theatre uses, they mislabled my speakers and they were shipped to the wrong location at first so there was a delay in recieving them, but they did fix the issue so I wasn't to upset over it. Also they shipped me me 3 pro-10s and 2 sho-10s instead of the 4 pro-10s and 1-sho10 I ordered. Neither of these were really a big deal to me, I just put the extra sho-10 as one of my back speakers, but I thought I'd mention it as it was a negative in my experience.

In closing, I found these speakers to be a great purchase and would recommend them to someone looking to upgrade their HT. My primary reason for upgrading was to improve my HT experience and these speakers really shine in that area. The pro-10s I have are also very good music, and they sound a lot better than my previous infinity p362s. They are more accurate, detailed, and dynamic for both movies and music than my old speakers.

Why not just stick to 3 similar speakers for the lcr?

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page