Need help selecting Speakers! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thats whats up you made me feel a whole lot better btw telling me about the jamos because i was about to buy the energy's and had i found out about the jamos i wouldve been upset... lol hopefully that wont happen with the jamos lol

thanks for the info jjackkrash still a little confused but i guess it doesnt matter since the receiver works at 8 ohms right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post

Check out the posts from member Archaea regarding the Jamo speakers in this thread, particularly post # 26, he has heard the Jamo's first hand and is a pretty knowledgable poster:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1400341

I'd agree if the Jamos are outside your budget and your budget is firm then that's that. But if your budget is flexible, then the Jamos are something to consider. Also--although I rarely ever recommend doing without a sub even for a short while--this might be one occasion to consider going 5.0 and saving up for a sub down the road, hopefully sooner rather than later, however.

After reading up a bit on the Jamo speakers and your needs, I'd say you can't go wrong with them, they should please you for a few years.

I agree with the above - why not wait until you have more money for a better sub? Probably the worst think you can do, IMO, is skimp on this - particularly if your interest is in achieving the same level of satisfaction of a theater. I made the mistake of buying an underpowered, unreliable sub a few years ago and it really turned me away from my man-cave for awhile. While not disagreeing with my esteemed peer in his statement above, if it takes a few months to afford something better for your space, then delay a sub purchase.

Be patient, young Padawan, it will pay off in the end.

post #33 of 38 Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forced_Fool View Post

Thats whats up you made me feel a whole lot better btw telling me about the jamos because i was about to buy the energy's and had i found out about the jamos i wouldve been upset... lol hopefully that wont happen with the jamos lol

thanks for the info jjackkrash still a little confused but i guess it doesnt matter since the receiver works at 8 ohms right?

Dude, this hobby/affliction is going to be full of moments of doubt. There will never be a time you don't ask "what if". You're going about this the right way by asking for help, it's the best you can do. Like I said in my first response, no matter what you decide, put aside the "what ifs" for your next upgrade and just enjoy your purchase.

Yes, the receiver you've chosen will be fine.

post #34 of 38 Old 03-27-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

lol i heard that bro im down with waiting for a sub so long as i can get better performing speakers that i wont regret and work on up for the next piece being the sub which many are to take the f12 over the 10.3 which i will because that is badass.

But according to this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1374334&page=2

The PL-200 was better than the f12 and people were taking the s10.3 over the f12.

Whats up with that? i know one person said it hits lower Hz and is rated at a higher wattage.

Help?
post #35 of 38 Old 03-30-2012, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Okay so before i make the jump on the jamo s606 next friday, is there anything better that i can get for around the same price?

IF not is it possible to get if lower than $350? (discounts etc...)
post #36 of 38 Old 03-31-2012, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 101
The best buy in speakers is used IMO. Unlike other audio components (I'm thinking AVRs) speakers do not become outdated and unable to perform the latest codex. They either sound good or they don't - and they last for many years.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #37 of 38 Old 03-31-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forced_Fool View Post

lol i heard that bro im down with waiting for a sub so long as i can get better performing speakers that i wont regret and work on up for the next piece being the sub which many are to take the f12 over the 10.3 which i will because that is badass.

But according to this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1374334&page=2

The PL-200 was better than the f12 and people were taking the s10.3 over the f12.

Whats up with that? i know one person said it hits lower Hz and is rated at a higher wattage.

Help?

The S10.3 is a 10" sub, the BIC F12 and PL-200 are 12" subs. The S10.3 has a reputation for having reasonably tight bass for its price when selling at around $200, better than the BIC F12. People that are privileging music listening lean toward that. However, as a 10" sub, it won't have the volume output of the BICs. Probably best in a small room to smaller medium-sized room. For mainly HT usage, I would go with the PL-200 as you'll want good volume output unless you have a small room; the PL-200 is better than the F12 in that regard and in SQ.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #38 of 38 Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Sweet now feel more confident for everything I need! Thanks for your advice everyone
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page