Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I recently purchased the following combination Home Theatre System
Paradigm CT70 5.1
Denon 1612

Its been about 3 months. In the last few days i have started noticing a peculiar issue with the sub-woofer. This happens especially when the system is kept on a standby mode for a long time.

When in standby the sub-woofer goes in idle mode i.e. Red light.
When the system is turned back ON, the sub-woofer does not become active. The green light remains. A couple of times i see it going green/active when music (ipod) starts playing but its not always.

In such cases my only option is to turn off the entire system for a few seconds and turn it back on. All works fine. This for now has happened only during initial start up. Once it plays it continues to work fine. It happens for both BD player or iPod connectivity.

I dont think it is any loose cable issue. I have already checked that and it seems to be ok.

Need some troubleshooting advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2012, 05:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
So is the sub not turning back on at all? The sub only powers back up when you have a signal low enough sent to it. It doesn't just turn back on automatically when the receiver is powered on. If it doesn't turn on until the iPod, music, etc starts playing, that is normal. Also, the channel level of your sub may be turned down too low on the Denon.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sometimes it happens that i have been playing music through ipod or movie through BD (media player) for a few minutes and the sub does not turn on at all. In this case i need to do the shutdown and power on again.

I did notice that the sub turns on at time just when the iPod or movie has started playing.

But, the number of times the sub has not turned on has warranted my attention, hence the Q.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "channel level of the sub too low"? This is my first home theater and i am still getting accustomed to the details.

Thanks
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page