Is Chase Home Theater still in business? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 03-30-2012, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody know? I've emailed them 4 times over the last two weeks to place an order, but they never replied. There are two email addresses listed on their website and I've tried them both.

I tried calling their (800) number, which their website says is for "U.S. and Canadian Callers", but I got a recording saying this number cannot be reached from my calling area (I'm calling from Canada). I then spent 10 mins searching through their website and I managed to find an alternate (877) number under their Returns page, which got me through to a machine attendant that said I was "the next caller in line". Success! Well, not so fast. 20 mins later I am still on hold. So either they have really long conversations at CHT, or I guess they meant I was "the next caller in line" if and when somebody decides to answer the phone.

[*April 1, 2012 update: I heard back from CHT. They were having issues with their email system so they were not receiving all their emails. They have also upated their website to show a separate tel number for Canadian customers. Looks like everything has been resolved.]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Still kicking as far as I can tell - Craig posted as recently as today on their forums. Why you haven't been able to hook, can't say though. He did mention on 3/8 that he was going to be on vacation for 8 days, but that should be done by now, so I dunno.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-30-2012, 07:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 191
I'm an expat living in Toronto and have run across the calling area problem many times. I would guess CHT just isn't sophisticated enough to have it worked out. Bank of America sure isn't.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #4 of 15 Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I know the phone system was changed recently. I guess they got your message. There is a number for Canadian callers on the web site now.

Jack

post #5 of 15 Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 636
In another thread, I saw that someone talked to them today on the phone.

post #6 of 15 Old 03-30-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijax View Post

I know the phone system was changed recently. I guess they got your message. There is a number for Canadian callers on the web site now.

Yes I see they just added a second number for Canadian callers today. Not sure why they don't respond to emails though.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-31-2012, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
An apology was made at the CHT community forum.

Jack

post #8 of 15 Old 04-01-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Update on my original post: CHT has been having some issues with their email system so previously they were not receiving all their emails. I believe this has now been fixed. They have also upated their website with a new tel number for Canadian customers that works from Canada. It appears all issues have now been resolved.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-02-2012, 06:44 AM

Liked: 23
Phones not working, emails not working and on vacation. Now there is a company that screams success.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1400 View Post

Phones not working, emails not working and on vacation. Now there is a company that screams success.

There's not a single ID company on this forum that has not had significant issues with complaints about delays and difficulties with customer support and ordering. Not saying its ok, just sayin

JTR Noesis 212HT x 3 (LCR) powered by Lab Gruppen 10000Q amp
CHT SHO-10 x 4 (sides and rear) powered by Denon 4311
JTR S2 x 2
CHT 18.1 x2
Oppo BDP103D bluray player/Sonos/PS3
post #11 of 15 Old 04-02-2012, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Craig was very professional and courteous when he did get back to me. I have no dog in this hunt and I am neither a fanboy nor a critic of this company. I had originally posted to find out if there was an alternative way to reach them, since I was unable to contact them via phone or email. I believe these issues have now been fixed.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Liked: 14
Very good King.
I can say from experience about 30 days ago, my ordering, communication, delivery and the performance of my dual SS-18.1's went flawless. As well as my ordering of the CHT SHO-10.

I have been thru several subs/speakers over the years including JBL, Axiom, Boston Acoustic and Velodyne, and the CHT subs and speaker have way surpassed my expectations.

No agenda here, no fanboy, could care less where I get my audio gear from, I just wanted great performance for my money and CHT happen to fit my needs. Just my experience with them...
post #13 of 15 Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

There's not a single ID company on this forum that has not had significant issues with complaints about delays and difficulties with customer support and ordering. Not saying its ok, just sayin

Just sayin stuff you made up.
post #14 of 15 Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechx View Post

Very good King.
I can say from experience about 30 days ago, my ordering, communication, delivery and the performance of my dual SS-18.1's went flawless. As well as my ordering of the CHT SHO-10.

I have been thru several subs/speakers over the years including JBL, Axiom, Boston Acoustic and Velodyne, and the CHT subs and speaker have way surpassed my expectations.

No agenda here, no fanboy, could care less where I get my audio gear from, I just wanted great performance for my money and CHT happen to fit my needs. Just my experience with them...

Not a whole lot of experience with Chase, yet, but I did recently purchase/ receive an SHO-10 for center channel duty.......... and loving it.
A very efficient, loud, clean playing speaker... great for dialog... and pleasantly surprised with music performance.
Highly Recommended!
Order was processed quickly and speaker arrived in great shape.

DreamCatcher

StayThristyMyFriends
post #15 of 15 Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

Not a whole lot of experience with Chase, yet, but I did recently purchase/ receive an SHO-10 for center channel duty.......... and loving it.
A very efficient, loud, clean playing speaker... great for dialog... and pleasantly surprised with music performance.
Highly Recommended!
Order was processed quickly and speaker arrived in great shape.

DreamCatcher

That's exactly what I'm using my SHO-10 for, center channel.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page