Speaker Company Employees on Forums secretly??? - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #121 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I was extremely flamed simply for asking the question. Only reason I asked was because I thought the Pioneer speakers were nowhere near as good as they were being talked up. I A/B'd them at Best Buy and I was like, "Are you kidding me? This is what all the excitement is about?). It seemed to me that the thread might have been getting professionally "worked". Even the title of the thread smacked of professional marketing.

Even though I was roasted fairly well (was the flame-fest instigated by pros?) I was not banned. I think that speaks well of the mods here. I asked the question in a respectful manner and did not accuse anybody directly. What we don't want is a witch hunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Looks like jcb's account at Blu-Ray.com has been suspended.

Definitely seems like the mods there must have looked into his posting history and did the right thing.

I'd say it's ONLY because they have been looking like idiots now for not doign anything about for weeks. Other than bashing honest end users/customers who called him out. They've deleted TONS of posts...and banned a bunch of us.
post #123 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil View Post

I'd say it's ONLY because they have been looking like idiots now for not doign anything about for weeks. Other than bashing honest end users/customers who called him out. They've deleted TONS of posts...and banned a bunch of us.

I certainly can understand your frustration, but at least your banning was not entirely for not. I don't think you will see jcb hawking Axiom products outside of the owners thread anymore.
post #124 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I certainly can understand your frustration, but at least your banning was not entirely for not. I don't think you will see jcb hawking Axiom products outside of the owners thread anymore.

He'll just make another profile I'm sure and continue on. I'm not saying Axiom encourages him to do this..but man if I was Ian I'd lose my mind on him...fire his asss and try to contain the damage he's done. One employee can publicly make a whole company look shady...not that they don't do that all on their own anyways with their supposed DTB, pole testing etc....employee/family speaker shoot outs LOL.

There's just no shortage of ammunition from these guys I guess.
post #125 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil View Post

He'll just make another profile I'm sure and continue on. I'm not saying Axiom encourages him to do this..but man if I was Ian I'd lose my mind on him...fire his asss and try to contain the damage he's done. One employee can publicly make a whole company look shady...not that they don't do that all on their own anyways with their supposed DTB, pole testing etc....employee/family speaker shoot outs LOL.

There's just no shortage of ammunition from these guys I guess.

LOL, accoding to jcb he is not on the Axiom payroll so I guess Ian cannot fire him

Perhaps he is paid in speakers.. You can never have too many VP150's I hear..
post #126 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post

I was extremely flamed simply for asking the question. Only reason I asked was because I thought the Pioneer speakers were nowhere near as good as they were being talked up. I A/B'd them at Best Buy and I was like, "Are you kidding me? This is what all the excitement is about?). It seemed to me that the thread might have been getting professionally "worked". Even the title of the thread smacked of professional marketing.

Even though I was roasted fairly well (was the flame-fest instigated by pros?) I was not banned. I think that speaks well of the mods here. I asked the question in a respectful manner and did not accuse anybody directly. What we don't want is a witch hunt.

So, I think you über expected a Hi-End speakers line, I´m happy with my Pios, I know they are not the best in the hood, but they still are great FOR THE PRICE I PAID FOR THEM.

If it was "professionally worked" I don´t know, never got any payment for it, I´m just a happy Mexican (living in México) customer.

I believe you just had way too much expectations.
post #127 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Here's the problem with all of this...

post #128 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlalotoani View Post

I believe you just had way too much expectations.

Sounds like it. Hard not to be disappointed when you come in with high expectations for anything that has gotten a lot of praise. Then coupled with the fact that the speaker audition took place in BB with gosh knows what positioning and receiver configuration set up. I haven't heard any of those Pioneer speakers, but these same pitfalls could hamper any speaker evaluation.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #129 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

Sounds like it. Hard not to be disappointed when you come in with high expectations for anything that has gotten a lot of praise. Then coupled with the fact that the speaker audition took place in BB with gosh knows what positioning and receiver configuration set up. I haven't heard any of those Pioneer speakers, but these same pitfalls could hamper any speaker evaluation.

Which is true of any speaker evaluation. Room and placement are so important. If you are in a high end shop that has a treated media room and proper placement and then bring a rear ported speaker home and throw it in the corner of a large untreated room that has tile floors, vaulted ceilings, etc, you are not going to get the same sound as the demo.

That is why the return policy, to me, is peace of mind.
post #130 of 130 Old 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Hello All...

I wanted to post a personal note on this. First off, we really do not need what happened on another site to carry over here on AVS. It just is not need please.

Now, what the guy did at Axiom did was clearly wrong and have been known to ban for such things. When this thread was brought to my attention I call the owners to inquire about what took place. I was informed that they were not aware that he was posting like that and when they found out they took action to correct it. This is not something they encourage as they understand what future issues it can make for. (This is a perfect case.)

I truly believe the owners were not aware this was taking place. As such, I am kindly asking that you let this drop on AVS as it can hurt a company that truly does not deserve to be.

I now respectfully close this thread.

(And NO, this was not done to protect a sponsor. We have been known to drop a sponsor who actually acted is such a manor actually refunding money for the remainder of the contract.)

Thank you.

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

Closed Thread Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page