5.1 New Masterbedroom inceiling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-05-2012, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how is under construction and i am looking to put a 5.1 system in the master bedroom. i am looking for in ceiling speakers for around 1k price not including subwoofer. i have receivers and wiring so 1k just for the speakers. wanted to know whats recommended. speakers would be used for music, movies, tv. The room size is about 21X15.5

was looking to get the B&W ccm663/664. any thoughts?
also for the surround speakers which would be above the bed should i get dipole/bipole or direct radiating speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 47
If ceiling speakers are your only option, then I would look at Triad, Definitive Technology, Sonance, Episode, Atlantic Technology and other manufacturers that make directional ceiling speakers. Including B&W CCM7 series speakers.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 53
BTW "If ceiling speakers are your only option" means in ceilings should be considered as the last resort for home theater use. Think about whether you can put the front left, center and right on the wall if you're planning to use them for movies and TV.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 05:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballgms View Post

how is under construction and i am looking to put a 5.1 system in the master bedroom. i am looking for in ceiling speakers for around 1k price not including subwoofer. i have receivers and wiring so 1k just for the speakers. wanted to know whats recommended. speakers would be used for music, movies, tv. The room size is about 21X15.5

was looking to get the B&W ccm663/664. any thoughts?
also for the surround speakers which would be above the bed should i get dipole/bipole or direct radiating speakers.

Would be happy to help you with recommendations. Shoot us an email.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #5 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 05:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 46
If you're stuck with ceiling mount, the Triad MiniLCR's would be good (but bust your budget a bit). If the surrounds are directly over the bed, dipoles would be a much better choice. Monopoles will let the left side of the bed hear the left surround and the right side of the bed the right surround. (You might receive some more refined responses if we knew the size of the master bedroom.)

I'm sure Mike can find you something that will meet your budget.

Dennis Erskine CFI, CFII, MEI
Architectural Acoustics
Subject Matter Expert
Certified Home Theater Designer
CEDIA Board of Directors
www.erskine-group.com
www.CinemaForte.net
post #6 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have included a picture of the layout of the room. the tv will be going on the 5ft wide wall between the bathroom and the closet door. as seen there are space limits for in wall speakers due to the doors. The room size is approx 15X20
with surrounds can either go to the side inwall facing towards the bed or in the ceiling speakers above the bed. The bed would face the 5ft wall thats between the closet and bathroom.

Whats speakers for around 1000 not including subwoofer is recomended? also for the surrounds should i get dipole if going inceiling?

thnks in advance
LL
post #7 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
In the case of your bedroom, I would look at using a LCR soundbar instead of ceiling speakers.
Look at Triad, Definitive, Episode, Leon and others for choices. Something like this:

post #8 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 59
I'm going to use the B&W CCM663 (front 3) + CCM664/665 (depends on the price for surround) in my master's sitting area which has a vault ceiling and is about 11'x11'. I've heard the CCM663 and thought they sounds pretty decent for being a open back in ceiling speaker. And since it's only for causal TV viewing, it doesn't have to be all out imho. Plus you could easily get $50 off/speaker from your dealer when you are buying all 5 together.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page