Klipsch Synergy series - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First, yes I did do a quick search for some opinions on these on this forum but came up empty handed.

I'm wondering what the community thinks of the klipsch synergy series in general. Pros and cons.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
They were my first setup after using a HTiB. I have the Synergy line in my bedroom. Most will complain about them being extremely bright.

When I first used them, I hated them for music, and they were great for home theater use.

I'm in a different place now, I am using an Onkyo 805 with the F2's, C2, and quintets for surrounds. My bedroom is somewhat acoustically treated (it's kinda a joke, but it is).

I now listen to music with my Klipsch setup, and it's the acoustic treatment that made the difference.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-07-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMP568 View Post

They were my first setup after using a HTiB. I have the Synergy line in my bedroom. Most will complain about them being extremely bright.

When I first used them, I hated them for music, and they were great for home theater use.

I'm in a different place now, I am using an Onkyo 805 with the F2's, C2, and quintets for surrounds. My bedroom is somewhat acoustically treated (it's kinda a joke, but it is).

I now listen to music with my Klipsch setup, and it's the acoustic treatment that made the difference.

You have a surround sound in your bedroom, that is freakin awesome!
post #4 of 4 Old 04-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Liked: 15
Synergies with a Pioneer vsx1016txv receiver was my first "real" HT setup, long before I found this place. I chose them after listening to everything else I could find that was reasonably priced.

For HT I thought, and still think, they are a good value. For music they do a good job of representing that "live concert" sound. Some folks find them bright. I kind of like the sound myself. I sit about 18 feet from the mains which I think helps the brightness a bit. I spent a long time listening to Klipsch reference bookshelves on closeout after I bought these but didn't find enough of an improvement in fidelity to pull the trigger. My room is about 18 x22 ft with a cathedral ceiling and faily open. The Pioneer/Synergy combo provided good dynamics and realism in my space.

Now I have the JTR triple 8's for my LCRs and still have the Synergies for heights and surrounds. I've also changed my receiver and added an external amp for the JTR's. The JTR's are much better with their treatment of music. At some point I'd like to go to an all JTR setup, but the Synergies are more than adequate for what they're being asked to do now.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page