Please, I need all of your advice!
I have read a lot of people don't agree with using ceiling speakers for the Fronts. Surround is possibly
Some people think it might sound weird for the center to be under the TV and the FLeft and FRight be in the ceiling.
Does anyone have any experience with the above setup?
I am going for a 5.1 setup.
This is what my fireplace looks like ..it's high off the ground. The center is a little over 4ft off the ground.My other option is
to place bookshelf speakers on the left and right of the center on the mantel. I'm just afraid that the distance is so short from the center that i won't get the full surround feel. Also, I will be sitting pretty far from the TV.
picture below shows setup with bookshelf speakers.
Here is a "map"of my living space. The red circles are where I wanted I mount the ceiling speakers.
I was also considering using the tower speakers as my left and right below the fireplace mantel. Anyone know how safe or unsafe this would be? I was thinking about putting them in front of the fireplace mantel legs. It would be approximately 5.75 inches away from the fireplace opening. We plan on using the fireplace. Tower speakers won't fit next to the legs.
Picture of my tower speakersAdditional Info:
- Ceiling Speakers are from Monoprice
- My living room is small
- I can't put speakers in wall due to a wide window on the left wall
- I also have 2 JBL tower speakers and 4 JBL bookshelf speakers from over 10 years ago that I can use (However, I'm afraid having wires coming from the ceiling all the way down to the floor will look unsightly or having the bookshelfs hanging will look unsightly)
- Monoprice ceiling speakers 4104
- Receiver is Yamaha rx-v671
- JBL bookshelves are N24
- JBL Towers are Balboa 30
I already have the monoprice speakers on the way.. worst case scenario: I can return a pair or use them for a 7.1 setup.