Help with HT setup for budget - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am getting my basement finished and planning to spend around 1500 for setup( receiver,subwoofer and speaker) ..which setup should i got with ? any suggestion would help as i have no clue.. room is probably 10'wide x 14' long. do i have to buy separate wire to do in wall wiring or do they come with system ? .only framing is done so far so still do wiring myself or tell electrician to do it for me.. I am planning to put them on wall. any help is appreciated. no clue about music systems. started reading avs recently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 647
The Denon 1612 is a good entry level receiver for 5.1, the BIC F12 a good budget subwoofer for HT usage at its price. That would leave you over $1000 for your speakers.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-26-2012, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

The Denon 1612 is a good entry level receiver for 5.1, the BIC F12 a good budget subwoofer for HT usage at its price. That would leave you over $1000 for your speakers.

Seconded, or maybe the OnkyoTX-NR509. Good choice on the Bic.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 243
If you want speakers on the wall, you may want to look at the JBL L820 and L810.

Use 14 gauge speaker wire with an outer sheath for in-wall wiring and terminate it at wallplates with screw terminals or jacks; see Monoprice #2820 for an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phollow View Post

I am getting my basement finished and planning to spend around 1500 for setup( receiver,subwoofer and speaker) ..which setup should i got with ? any suggestion would help as i have no clue.. room is probably 10'wide x 14' long. do i have to buy separate wire to do in wall wiring or do they come with system ? .only framing is done so far so still do wiring myself or tell electrician to do it for me.. I am planning to put them on wall. any help is appreciated. no clue about music systems. started reading avs recently

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page