My last system (although not set up since I was single 10 years ago) was a Klipsch Synergy. I was happy with that so keep that in mind.
Room is 14x25x8= 2800 sq ft. It is carpet and has only the 40" opening of the stairs going up (Bonus room over garage). 90% Home Theater.
I really do not want to spend over $5k, I need money for Seating and other stuff, plus you have to cut yourself off somewhere, I am not a professional.
5 SHO-10's with Dual SS-18.1's for $3175. I just keep coming back to this, I can not believe I will need more than this. So add a Receiver (I am leaning toward the Denon 4311) to the SHO-10's and it comes to $4500. Add in stands, wire, ect and I am on budget for the Whole System and honestly I think it would Rock. Option 1= $4500
Sound Distribution or other (Would rather deal with Forum Sponsor, but I am waiting to do more research) Klipsch System that includes RF-7ii fronts, RC64ii Center, RS-62ii Rears, this also includes the Marantz SR7005AV. It includes a Subwoofer that I would not use so that is a mute point. I could get this for about $5000. Here is the problem, I still have to add Subs, to equal option 1 that is over $1000 for sure. Option 2= $6000 minimum
Option 1 PRO's
- Price and Value
- Assembled in the USA
- All 5 speakers are the same (I keep reading that is the best way to do it)
Option 1 CON's
- Fit and Finish (Although based on pictures of the 2012's I think that is taking care of, but still not to the Klipsch Standards)
- No local dealer if I run into any issues
Option 2 PRO's
- Veneer Fronts and Center
- Local Dealer (Not sure how open they would be if I did not buy from them)
Option 2 CON's
- Price (Although I do still think this is a good value)
- Speakers are not all the same
So the question is do you feel the Klipsch is worth $1500 more than the CHT????
Thank you all