Help me find a $1000 5.1 Speaker system with high WAF and good for music - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Speakers > Help me find a $1000 5.1 Speaker system with high WAF and good for music

Speakers

xvani's Avatar xvani
08:46 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 7
04-30-2012 | Posts: 4
Hello,

Short version:

Basically, Im looking for an attractive system for music, with the added capability of surround sound.

Price range, about $1000 for speakers only. Price range not firm.
I love the look of the Kef T205, but I dont think they'll satisfy the music part.

Detailed version:

I'm looking for a 5.1 system used for movies, TV and 2 channel music. Both movies and music will played digitally, either streamed through Xbox, streaming services like Spotify and Netflix or directly from PC.

I'm free to select a receiver at a later point. (Moving to 220V country).
Price range, around $1000 for speakers only.

I've looked at the Kef T205 and the Kef T105, and probably would've gone for one of them if they had received better reviews on music. LOVE the design on these.

Thank you so much for your reply.
Veda's Avatar Veda
08:47 AM Liked: 52
post #2 of 7
04-30-2012 | Posts: 2,393
Gallos?
xvani's Avatar xvani
09:33 AM Liked: 10
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda View Post

Gallos?

Thank you for your reply. If you are talking about the Anthony Gallo satellites, They're not exactly what I'm looking for. We're not too fond of the round/ look. The goal is not that they are as small as possible, they can even be floorstanding speakers tbh. But they must be pretty to look at (and not too huge as it's going to be in a smallish apartment).

Other suggestions?
Thanks again!
yveletnik's Avatar yveletnik
09:55 AM Liked: 12
post #4 of 7
04-30-2012 | Posts: 99
the best would probably be used NHT Absolute Tower + Abs Center + Abs Zeros
or something like KEF Q500 based. Just be patient and hunt the e-bay and audiogon.
Or maybe Infinity P363 might be a winner in that class.

All of those setups would have small towers in front...
xvani's Avatar xvani
11:42 AM Liked: 10
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yveletnik View Post

the best would probably be used NHT Absolute Tower + Abs Center + Abs Zeros
or something like KEF Q500 based. Just be patient and hunt the e-bay and audiogon.
Or maybe Infinity P363 might be a winner in that class.

All of those setups would have small towers in front...

Thank you, I already looked at the Q500s as fronts, with maybe the T-series as backs, but I'm afraid the 500s will be too massive for us.

I've looked at the Monitor Audio HD Radius series, and something like this would work LOOKSWISE. No idea about the audio quality, but the Apex has received very good reviews.. (However, it's newer...) Any other suggestions?
JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson
02:20 PM Liked: 461
post #6 of 7
04-30-2012 | Posts: 4,854
The KEF system looks as though it uses satellites all around, while the Monitor Audio setup has towers, so I'm not sure which direction you're leaning in. Because of that I've included options that have both configurations:
  • Premier Acoustic PA-6f {use Coupon Code TV15 for a 15% discount}
  • EMP Tek Impresion Series 5.1 {sub is probably a bit weak in this package}
  • HTD Level Two towers, surrounds and center with an HSU STF-2 subwoofer {might be a little too much over your budget though}

zieglj01's Avatar zieglj01
02:58 PM Liked: 601
post #7 of 7
04-30-2012 | Posts: 11,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvani View Post

I've looked at the Monitor Audio HD Radius series, and something like this would work LOOKSWISE. No idea about the audio quality,

The Audio quality of the Radius series is good - They did not cheap
out, on the sound.
Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread