Brand new to the forum, but have been researching speakers for my apartment in my downtime for the past couple weeks. The more research I've done, the more lost I've become. I have no idea how I should set-up my apartment, so I've come to the experts for advice.
I made a quick sketch of my apartmentsorry I'm no Van Gogh, but did my best to lay out dimensions, sound area, walls, and window fixtures. I'll take pics later and post back. Area I'm looking to cover is about 16 Feet by 30 Feet, rectangular / hallway shape.
My budget: <$350 (I'm not expecting MAJOR hi-fi SQ, but still want good bang for buck)Needs / Uses:
1) Ability to hear music throughout the kitchen / living room without major degradation in sound quality in various spots of the rooms.
2) Ability to stream Pandora, and other Internet stations from my Windows 7 Laptop. Playing music from my laptop is the primary use for my "audio system" (can we really call it a system for <$350 haha).
3) Clean set-up. I don't know how to hook up lots of wires and do it discretely.
4) I live above my neighbor so I don't want huge amounts of bass. However, I'd rather have more bass and be able to turn it down, than not have enough at all.
5) Don't have a TV yet, but may want to hook it up to the speakers if possible. Not a huge requirement.My Clean Set-Up Ideas:
- Place small active bookshelf speakers on top of the window fixtures. I'm not sure if I'd have dead sound spots though. One Option I've found is the Audio Engine A2
with the W3 Wireless Adapter
. I was thinking about putting them on Window Fixture 1, and Window Fixture 2 (See Attached Pic for Window Fixture Label). The set-up would run about $350. Is this the most efficient use of money?
- 2 Creative ZiiSound D3x
plus 1 ZiiSound DSx Wireless Sub
. I was thinking about placing 1 speaker on each of the window fixtures, and the sub between the 2 couches. I would purchase the 2 D3X's now for $250 and buy the $150 DSx later.
- Creative ZiiSound T6
. I would place 1 swivel set on window fixture 1, angling 1 of the swivels towards the kitchen / lounge chair, and the other one angled towards the couch. Then on window Fixture 2, angle the speakers to the 2 couches. Sub would go in between couches. Amazon has them on sale for $350 sometimes so would purchase at discount. Currently, priced at $399. That's too much right?
I'm completely open to other clean set-up idea's, so bring it on