Danley SH100 or SHmicro or SHmini for Sourrund Sound Effects Speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi All,

We are upgrading our Home theatre Room from JTR speakers to Full Danley Setup. Due to the cost of Danley Speakers, we are looking to upgrade the rears Surround Sound Speakers and keep the JTR Triple 8 running for another 2 months till further funds are available.

Saying this, We are also moving into a larger space, Approx. the room size will be around 8 Meters by 8 Meters. 4 Seating areas only.

We currently have 2 Seaton Subs.
3 JTR 8sealed Versions 2012

No Surround Sound speakers as yet.

I am rather confused on which types to go for between the

Danley SH100 or SHmicro or SHmini

The SHmicro or Mini would be more ideal as its cheaper however what concerns me more about these 2 is there sensitivity and Power ratings. The SHMicro is only 120 Watts, the SHmini is 200 Watts.

SH100 is 300 Watts.

I will be importing this into Indonesia so i cant leave any chances for sending the speakers back.

Home Theatre: Onkyo PR SC 5509, ATI 3007 Danley SH50, Danley SH69, Danley SH100 (Rear), Seaton Subwoofer X 2, Custom Made Acoustic Panels and Bass Traps.

2 Channel System: Philharmonics 3, GD Audio Master 2 Mono Blocks, GD Audio Master 1 Pre-Amp. Wireworld Eclipse Gold 5 Silver XLR, Clear Day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfeen View Post

Hi All,

We are upgrading our Home theatre Room from JTR speakers to Full Danley Setup. Due to the cost of Danley Speakers, we are looking to upgrade the rears Surround Sound Speakers and keep the JTR Triple 8 running for another 2 months till further funds are available.

Saying this, We are also moving into a larger space, Approx. the room size will be around 8 Meters by 8 Meters. 4 Seating areas only.

We currently have 2 Seaton Subs.
3 JTR 8sealed Versions 2012

No Surround Sound speakers as yet.

I am rather confused on which types to go for between the

Danley SH100 or SHmicro or SHmini

The SHmicro or Mini would be more ideal as its cheaper however what concerns me more about these 2 is there sensitivity and Power ratings. The SHMicro is only 120 Watts, the SHmini is 200 Watts.

SH100 is 300 Watts.

I will be importing this into Indonesia so i cant leave any chances for sending the speakers back.

Generally speaking, the LCR and subs are much more important than the surround speakers so I would actually do the opposite of what you're doing. That is, if you want to upgrade to Danley then save up and replace the LCR first then replace the surrounds.

As for which Danley surround speaker, I believe I've read that Ivan Beaver has recommended the sh-micro a few times as a surround speaker. It looks to be plenty sensitive for a surround speaker(since it will be closer to your seats). So if you're looking to save some funds I'd go with that one over the SH100.