Classical music and some Chemical Brothers, plus some personal tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 05-27-2012, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since speakers and music tastes are subjective, I would reccomend auditioning what you are going to listen to at your house. Otger than that I find classical good
post #63 of 66 Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_777 View Post

Let me know what you think about it....the one I heard was Klangbilder 1. Granted MBL was playing it through 100k worth of equipment, but the combination of the quality of the recording and that of the equipment made it impossible to know there wasn't a Steinway grand piano 15 feet of me if my eyes had been closed.

Hey Russ, thanks for the recommendation. The Klangbilder 2 CD arrived and it's great! You're right, another stellar example of well recorded piano. Love the compositions too. Great relax and chill music, perfect for unwinding after a long day. Ordered another of Martin vatter's CD's called 'Ask The Piano'. Should get it sometime next week based on how long it took to get this one.

Oh, and BTW, forgot to mention, another nice audition CD/track is E.S.T (Esbjorn Svensson Trio) - From Gagarin's Point Of View
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCkSuaBMbU
Still really sad about E.S.'s passing.

Max
post #64 of 66 Old 06-06-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 98
smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

Hey Russ, thanks for the recommendation. The Klangbilder 2 CD arrived and it's great! You're right, another stellar example of well recorded piano. Love the compositions too. Great relax and chill music, perfect for unwinding after a long day. Ordered another of Martin vatter's CD's called 'Ask The Piano'. Should get it sometime next week based on how long it took to get this one.
Oh, and BTW, forgot to mention, another nice audition CD/track is E.S.T (Esbjorn Svensson Trio) - From Gagarin's Point Of View
Max

A great suggestion Max, I like this kind of threads where we can be introduced to new music not known by us before.

Here's another one from Norway: Ane Brun: These Days. Just listen to the drums and of course to her voice!! wink.gif Pump up the MV to at least -5 dB, won't be disappointed for sure! smile.gif
post #65 of 66 Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbluemax1 View Post

Max

Great to hear you like it!
post #66 of 66 Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post

smile.gif
A great suggestion Max, I like this kind of threads where we can be introduced to new music not known by us before.
Here's another one from Norway: Ane Brun: These Days. Just listen to the drums and of course to her voice!! wink.gif Pump up the MV to at least -5 dB, won't be disappointed for sure! smile.gif
Yup, Ane Brun does have a nice voice. The good thing about threads like these is finding new music. The bad thing about threads like these is... finding new music and having to go out and buy all of it LOL!

Max
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page