if you have $1000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
if you have a $1000 to spend for a HT, which will you get for the best bang-for-the-buck?
the room is 36x18 but only half of it is the family room where the speakers go, the other half is the kitchen.
95% of the time it will be use for movies/tv. the floor is carpet but the other half (kitchen) is tiles.

now, the $1000 is for the 5 speakers and subwoofer (5.1), i can stretch the budget to the 3 front speakers and subwoofer and i'll just get the rear 2 on the next payday if it would make a big difference in sound quality. if possible i want the front 3 to be of the same brand, i want the 2 front to be floor standing and the center to be a bar if possible.

i've read and read this forum and i cant get a general consensus on which brand is the best for movies, hsu, klipsch,bic,b&w, etc...

please help me and point me into the right direction, i want to do this right the first time that's why i'm here. imagine i was looking at the bose accoustimass 10 speakers a few days ago before i started my research.

TIA!
rysher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
commsysman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,292
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 257
To get decent-sounding floorstanding speakers and a subwoofer that will satisfy you in the long run, $1000 is not a realistic budget, especially for your room size.

I suggest that you get a good pair of floorstanding speakers for $800-1000 and then get the subwoofer next for $500, a Rythmic FV12, and then the other 3 speakers when you have another $600 or so.

I recommend you start with the KEF iQ70 speakers, which are only $800 per pair at KEF Direct right now (were $1200), and go from there. They are a really good deal at that price; excellent sound.

Phase 2 would be to add the subwoofer, and then phase 3 would be to add the KEF iQ10 speakers and T101c center speaker later. You are better off with NO center speaker than a soundbar. I don't use a center speaker and have no desire for one; my system sounds fantastic.

Go with good quality and you will be much better off than trying to cheap out and then wanting to upgrade later.


P.S.- "The Red Baron" is a movie that has some scenes and sound that will blow you away. The engines are just like the planes are flying through your living room....lol; as gut-shaking as a trip to the dragstrip pits.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post

if you have a $1000 to spend for a HT, which will you get for the best bang-for-the-buck?
the room is 36x18 but only half of it is the family room where the speakers go, the other half is the kitchen.
95% of the time it will be use for movies/tv. the floor is carpet but the other half (kitchen) is tiles.

now, the $1000 is for the 5 speakers and subwoofer (5.1), i can stretch the budget to the 3 front speakers and subwoofer and i'll just get the rear 2 on the next payday if it would make a big difference in sound quality. if possible i want the front 3 to be of the same brand, i want the 2 front to be floor standing and the center to be a bar if possible.

i've read and read this forum and i cant get a general consensus on which brand is the best for movies, hsu, klipsch,bic,b&w, etc...

please help me and point me into the right direction, i want to do this right the first time that's why i'm here. imagine i was looking at the bose accoustimass 10 speakers a few days ago before i started my research.

TIA!

commsysman is offline  
post #3 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so i will start with the kef iq70 and a subwoofer rythmic fv12.

is the kef 1q70 better than the klipsch kf 26?
with regards to the rythmic fv12, is there something a step up for $100-200 more?

thank you for the suggestion, i'll go with the 3.1 route and get the best i can and then eventually just add the rest later.

thanks again.
rysher is offline  
post #4 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Newbie
 
Who_I_Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post

so i will start with the kef iq70 and a subwoofer rythmic fv12.

These are nice
Who_I_Ghost is offline  
post #5 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Newbie
 
sidjainl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_I_Ghost View Post

These are nice

I don't know if that's a good deal. They were 280$ each last week.
sidjainl is offline  
post #6 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,265
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 528
They come with a black grill - and are new
Boston A360
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...A-White/1.html
A225C
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...r-White/1.html
A26
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...s-White/1.html

The open space needs a big sub, for best results
Tight budget - PA 150
http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CIIBEPMCMAA#

Really look at >
HSU
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3mk4.html
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-15h.html

Rythmik - save for a second one
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV12.html

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is online now  
post #7 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Veda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Hsu Value 1 or 2 5.1 package
Ascend CBM-170 5.1 that uses some cheap sub
Veda is offline  
post #8 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
That is a HUGE room for any sub to try and fill. Your listening area being smaller will only effect the speakers, your sub still has to fill that entire room. For 3.1 to start:

Bic PL76

Bic PL26

Dayton C1500K

I recommend in addition to adding the surround speakers, you add at least one more of those subs.
Jay1 is online now  
post #9 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
commsysman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,292
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I think that the iQ70 is MUCH better-sounding than the Klipsch. That has been my impression.

The F12 is the next step up in the Rythmic line, and that is $850; the FV12 is a very good subwoofer for the money.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post

so i will start with the kef iq70 and a subwoofer rythmic fv12.

is the kef 1q70 better than the klipsch kf 26?
with regards to the rythmic fv12, is there something a step up for $100-200 more?

thank you for the suggestion, i'll go with the 3.1 route and get the best i can and then eventually just add the rest later.

thanks again.

commsysman is offline  
post #10 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
commsysman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,292
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 257
You can always get them cheaper on the gray market; but that is with no factory support or warranty. I strongly advise against buying from any dealer without KEF verifying that they are a factory authorized dealer.

Sometimes a "good deal" is a very bad idea.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sidjainl View Post

I don't know if that's a good deal. They were 280$ each last week.

commsysman is offline  
post #11 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
smasher50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: right behind you
Posts: 2,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 2086
how far from tv is seating? if lessthan 12ft heres an option

outlaw lfm-1ex sub $650

pair of energy rc-10 bookshelf speakers from vanns open box full warranty from their clearence outlet $255

energy rclcr center channel from outlet $225

then you can save a little every week for some energy rc-50 or rc-70 towers and then use the rc-10's for rears this will give you great ht sound and you won't be upgrading any time soon again just an option

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
smasher50 is offline  
post #12 of 44 Old 05-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Member
 
jm86wvu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ocmd
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

You can always get them cheaper on the gray market; but that is with no factory support or warranty. I strongly advise against buying from any dealer without KEF verifying that they are a factory authorized dealer.

Sometimes a "good deal" is a very bad idea.

I saw that price also. It was on Newegg. Fairly certain they're an authorized dealer... Seemed like a fantastic deal to me
jm86wvu is offline  
post #13 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
due to constraints and fear of divorce from the "commander in chief" i had to trim down the budget a little bit. I showed her the total price of everything and the response was not good, smelled a passive-aggressive tone with the silent treatment.

thank you for all the help, here's what i got so far that is definite unless a better and cheaper one is recommended.

definite:
rythmic fv12
(thanks to commsysman)
denon 1613

I'm now in search of the 2 front speakers and center speaker for a $600 budget. I'd highly prefer a floor standing speaker because we have no shelves to put the bookshelf speakers, the tv is hanged in the wall with only a single shelf below the tv for the cable box and receiver.

i really like the kef iq70 but i wont trade that speaker for a years nagging, and we all know when her turn comes to buy bags (lv,coach,fendi) that speaker is always gonna come up.
rysher is offline  
post #14 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,760
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 781
How about HSU HB-1 MK2 bookshelves and the HC-1 MK2 center. Then pick up stands separately.

Also, the HSU VTF-2 MK4 is considered a comparable sub to the Rythmik FV12. You could get that sub, the two bookshelves, and the center in a package for $899 + shipping. That may be better anyway since the FV12 is out of stock on Rythmik's website.

Meanwhile, the Denon 1612 (last year's model) is $220 right now. Unless you want the networking and 3D pass through of the 1613, you can save some money there.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #15 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
The FV12 is a very nice sounding sub, but it isn't what I would recommend for a room your size. The servo technology simply limits output when distortion reaches a certain level.

Bic FH6T

Bic FH6 LCR

These speakers are going to do the best job of filling your space with satisfying levels of sound.

Oulaw LFM+

Capable of greater SPL then the FV12, again you have to fight your room on this, dont skimp here. The VTF2 is also very good, and should have more output then the FV12, the outlaw just has a bit more.
Jay1 is online now  
post #16 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

The FV12 is a very nice sounding sub, but it isn't what I would recommend for a room your size. The servo technology simply limits output when distortion reaches a certain level.

Bic FH6T

Bic FH6 LCR

These speakers are going to do the best job of filling your space with satisfying levels of sound.

Oulaw LFM+

Capable of greater SPL then the FV12, again you have to fight your room on this, dont skimp here. The VTF2 is also very good, and should have more output then the FV12, the outlaw just has a bit more.

are the speakers fh6 and better than the one you recommended earlier in your post (Bic PL76 and Bic PL26)?

so the outlaw is better than the fv12 and at about the same price, and the outlaw is better than the hsu?
hmmmm........can we get a general consensus on this please?
rysher is offline  
post #17 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post

are the speakers fh6 and better than the one you recommended on your earlier post (Bic PL76 and Bic PL26)?

so the outlaw is better than the fv12 and at about the same price?
hmmmm........can we get a general a consensus on this please?

Start a thread in the subwoofer forum asking what's the best under $600 sub in a room your size. They're both great subs, but the outlaw will simply play louder.

The Bics I linked earlier are better, but the difference is minor.
Jay1 is online now  
post #18 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

Start a thread in the subwoofer forum asking what's the best under $600 sub in a room your size. They're both great subs, but the outlaw will simply play louder.

The Bics I linked earlier are better, but the difference is minor.

thanks Jay1, sorry for the so many question guys, i have never owned a HT before and the only home theatre that i have really ever listened to is my friends bose lifestyle 18. this set up is better than the bose right?

SUBWOOFER:
($549)
Outlaw Audio LFM-1

CENTER: ($179)
BIC Acousrtech PL-26

FRONT L/R: ($429 pair)
Acoustech PL-76
rysher is offline  
post #19 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,265
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post

this set up is better than the bose right?

SUBWOOFER:
($549)
Outlaw Audio LFM-1

CENTER: ($179)
BIC Acousrtech PL-26

FRONT L/R: ($429 pair)
Acoustech PL-76

It is better than Bose - and if loudness is the key issue, then
you should be fine.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is online now  
post #20 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
allbaugh_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd definitely take a look at the BIC line for speakers and a PA-150 for the sub, you can always buy a 2nd one down the road.
allbaugh_04 is offline  
post #21 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post

thanks Jay1, sorry for the so many question guys, i have never owned a HT before and the only home theatre that i have really ever listened to is my friends bose lifestyle 18. this set up is better than the bose right?

SUBWOOFER: ($549)
Outlaw Audio LFM-1

CENTER: ($179)
BIC Acousrtech PL-26

FRONT L/R: ($429 pair)
Acoustech PL-76

Yup, that IMO will give you the most bang
Jay1 is online now  
post #22 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
JustBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rysher,




Ideally you should piece the system together gradually, with higher end stuff. You will appreciate each piece much more, and come out with a superior sounding system. Speakers are the longest term relationship you invest in with a system, so it makes sense to spend the majority of your money there. Receivers last 3-5 years (tech changes, and failure), subwoofers are always improved upon, but speakers are generally a long time fixture.

My suggestion is to buy a nice receiver, preferably one of last years models, that you can get a nice discount on. Make sure it has functionality you desire (networking/AirPlay?). The Denon you mentioned seems like a good choice.

Then add the best speakers you can afford, with wife approving Maybe these Martin Logan Motion 10?, the Motion 12 are on sale at Best Buy Magnolia locations for $250ea. If you have the room, using these as all 5 of the speakers would be ideal.


Alternatively, this is the best pair of speakers I've seen under $1k in a long time. Everyone will argue for their own favorites (I own Paradigm, HSU, and Emotiva); but I can certainly reccomend Wharfdale's especially at $1200off retail delivered. WHARFEDALE - EVO2-40 or the smaller, but still Tower 30's for a little less:WHARFEDALE - EVO2-30.


For a sub in that size room, you need SERIOUS output, or it's not worth doing. I'd plan on spending $800 and getting one of the best subwoofers on the market, and Epik Empire or it's little brother Epik Legend.

The parallel 15" subs will do you well in a space as big as you have.
JustBusiness is offline  
post #23 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
here's a floor plan of the room, the tv/ht will be on the living/family room wall, i planned to put the sub on the bottom right corner of the family room. the living room/listening area is not that big, so i think i'm better off with an accurate sub. what do you guys think?


rysher is offline  
post #24 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Member
 
GiTcHaSuM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post

here's a floor plan of the room, the tv/ht will be on the living/family room wall, i planned to put the sub on the bottom right corner of the family room. the living room/listening are is not that big, so i think i'm better off with an accurate sub. what do you guys think?

rysher,

from what I understand even if you place sub in the lower right corner, the sub will still be energizing the adjoining open areas. I am certainly no expert but I would suggest getting the biggest sub you can afford
GiTcHaSuM is online now  
post #25 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiTcHaSuM View Post

rysher,

from what I understand even if you place sub in the lower right corner, the sub will still be energizing the adjoining open areas. I am certainly no expert but I would suggest getting the biggest sub you can afford

would it be better to get 2 subs rather than 1 big sub?
here's the plan, i get the 2 flr speakers and the sub, rythmic fv12, then in a few months or when my wife unknowingly leaves her purse (whichever comes first, LOL) i'll get another sub and a center speaker.
what u guys think?
rysher is offline  
post #26 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Member
 
GiTcHaSuM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysher View Post


would it be better to get 2 subs rather than 1 big sub?
here's the plan, i get the 2 flr speakers and the sub, rythmic fv12, then in a few months or when my wife unknowingly leaves her purse (whichever comes first, LOL) i'll get another sub and a center speaker
what u guys think?

I have heard two subs would be better, however I don't recommend going the cheap rout and getting two lower end subs. As you said you're thinking of the fv12 so that seems like the way to go, sorry I don't know much about rythmic subs, I have a hsu, but rhythmic was a possibility for me though
GiTcHaSuM is online now  
post #27 of 44 Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiTcHaSuM View Post

I have heard two subs would be better, however I don't recommend going the cheap rout and getting two lower end subs. As you said you're thinking of the fv12 so that seems like the way to go, sorry I don't know much about rythmic subs, I have a hsu, but rhythmic was a possibility for me though

how about Premier Acoustic PA-150, there's a promo sale at $349. ?
rysher is offline  
post #28 of 44 Old 05-16-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 79
If I were you, I would spend the whole $1k on a pair of towers and add the sub, surrounds and center later, in that order. Most people will say that I putting to little emphasis on the center, but if you sit in the sweet spot, which Im sure you will most of the time, you will not notice directional dialog because just like with music, the voices will image to the middle. I did that with my Dynaudios for a year, and it was great.

I would look at Monitor Audio RX6s, PSB Image T6, Paradigm Monitor 9s, and Dali Lektor 6s. Check out www.accessories4less.com and look at the Onkyo 709/808/809 receivers, they should all be able to power the speakers just fine and give you all you need as far as features.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
callas01 is offline  
post #29 of 44 Old 05-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Member
 
GiTcHaSuM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

If I were you, I would spend the whole $1k on a pair of towers and add the sub, surrounds and center later, in that order. Most people will say that I putting to little emphasis on the center, but if you sit in the sweet spot, which Im sure you will most of the time, you will not notice directional dialog because just like with music, the voices will image to the middle. I did that with my Dynaudios for a year, and it was great.

I would look at Monitor Audio RX6s, PSB Image T6, Paradigm Monitor 9s, and Dali Lektor 6s. Check out www.accessories4less.com and look at the Onkyo 709/808/809 receivers, they should all be able to power the speakers just fine and give you all you need as far as features.

I agree, it seems to be a good idea to get some quality stuff at the start and acquire other quality stuff over time. If the towers are good enough you wouldn't need to get the sub and center right away
GiTcHaSuM is online now  
post #30 of 44 Old 05-16-2012, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
rysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

Monitor Audio RX6s, PSB Image T6, Paradigm Monitor 9s, and Dali Lektor 6s.

any of these better than the wharfedale evo2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiTcHaSuM View Post

I agree, it seems to be a good idea to get some quality stuff at the start and acquire other quality stuff over time. If the towers are good enough you wouldn't need to get the sub and center right away

+1 i agree too. i have decided to go that route.
now for the best floor standing speaker for $1k or less.
rysher is offline  
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off