Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 05-15-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi to all:

I would like to know if there is any surround speaker that fits on a 90 degrees corners or if there is any wall mount adapters. Here is the picture of what I'm saying.

Im trying to find out any wall mount without luck.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-15-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Finding a wall mount for that will be tough but putting a di-pole speaker in a corner like that should give excellent dispersion.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #3 of 13 Old 05-16-2012, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
You could try one of these:

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/owm/index.php?s=owm3
http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/owm/index.php?s=owm5

Or if it has to be a bipole or dipole speaker, then you could use a floating corner shelf.
post #4 of 13 Old 05-16-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post

Hi to all:

I would like to know if there is any surround speaker that fits on a 90 degrees corners or if there is any wall mount adapters. Here is the picture of what I'm saying.

Why do you wan't the speakers across the corner? That's not usually the recommended approach.

I'm assuming this is a 5.1 setup?

Shawn
post #5 of 13 Old 05-16-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Correct; it is a 5.1 Setup; Actually 5.2 Setup. The reason is that I am constructing a new room in concrete dedicated for HT which measures 17'x16'
The sofa/chairs will be set about 4' away from rear wall and I can't set the speakers in the left and right walls. Hmm, but thos OWM5 from Polks seems to be fine. I have Polk RTiA7. On this new room I was going to buy new speakers (On Wall Slim Ones like Definitive Technology XTR-50, or Paradigm Millenia; but I will save a lot $$ if I get this OWM5s until I recover money from project.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-16-2012, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:

Hi to all:

One option is to have a custom speaker builder like SalkSound build such a speaker for you.

http://www.salksound.com/

Or perhaps he could offer other advice or solutions that would work for you.

post #7 of 13 Old 05-16-2012, 08:18 PM

Liked: 23
You could also use an "omni" type speaker, such as these inexpensive Mirages, which will give you a diffuse, difficult to localize, spacious sound that works well for 5.1 HT.

cheers,

AJ
post #8 of 13 Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 45
post #9 of 13 Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:

Correct; it is a 5.1 Setup; Actually 5.2 Setup. The reason is that I am constructing a new room in concrete dedicated for HT which measures 17'x16'
The sofa/chairs will be set about 4' away from rear wall and I can't set the speakers in the left and right walls. Hmm, but thos OWM5 from Polks seems to be fine. I have Polk RTiA7. On this new room I was going to buy new speakers (On Wall Slim Ones like Definitive Technology XTR-50, or Paradigm Millenia; but I will save a lot $$ if I get this OWM5s until I recover money from project.

Since the room is still being built why don't you or your contractor just build a wood frame to span the two walls so that you can mount any speaker you prefer vs. settling for speakers specifically designed for this application?
post #10 of 13 Old 05-17-2012, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Actually, I setup few connections on the walls for surrounds and mains, but If I change the layout then I probably need to move speakers to a corner. I will post a rendered image of how the room will looks. The thing is that I have to place a wall to get more privacy from one of the bedrooms.
post #11 of 13 Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

This is a picture of how the HT room will looks like. I will add a accoustic curtain at the front glass door, and also on the left glass window. I missed the wood door and the hallway is about 3 feet width and around 25feet long!... Wall speaker connectors are around 5 feet height from ground and audio/video cabling are around 2 feet height from ground.

Also I will add carpet on floor; and in the future I will add gypsum board all around the ceilingl around 2 feet width with two sconces at the left wall and two sconces at the backwall (one at the left side of the glass door, and one at the right side of the glass door). Sconces will be located around 2 feet below the ceiling.

I have no idea where to put the projector. Meanwhile I will use my 55" LED TV on the right wall ( the wall next to the wood door).

All ideas are very welcome!
LL
post #12 of 13 Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:

Actually, I setup few connections on the walls for surrounds and mains, but If I change the layout then I probably need to move speakers to a corner. I will post a rendered image of how the room will looks. The thing is that I have to place a wall to get more privacy from one of the bedrooms.

Sorry, I probably didn't make myself very clear. I don't mean to build a frame spanning the left and right walls. I meant to build a wedge (triangle) shaped frame to span the side and rear walls. This should give you a strong solid surface to mount any speaker you choose. Just build it large enough to accommodate your speaker of choice. No need to change your layout.

If my poor description is still confusing you, let me know and I'll try to draw an even worse picture with my bad Microsoft Paint skills.

Edit: So I just saw your original picture and can use that. You see how your picture has the speaker wedged in the corner? Well imagine building a frame behind it to fill in that triangular space then securely mount it to the wall. Then you will be able to mount any speaker you choose to it.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Understood. Thanks.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page