Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by anand15 View Post

I got quotation for following:
3 ES-700-IWLCR5 In-Wall LCR Speakers
1 ES-700-ICSURR6 In-Ceiling (Pair)
1 Episode 12" 300W DSP Ported

That sub does not have DSP (digital signal processing). I guess you could say the DSP means digital subwoofer plate amp.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 03-25-2013, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Installation 150bucks
post #33 of 37 Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Installation 150bucks

Knowing what the margins are in that product, I would ask them for the installation to be free. Hope this helps you!
post #34 of 37 Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM

Thanks. i'll check with them.
post #35 of 37 Old 03-27-2013, 06:16 AM

Total setup including installations and tax below $2K. Few hundreds extra to the magic number stated earlier.
post #36 of 37 Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Total setup including installations and tax below $2K. Few hundreds extra to the magic number stated earlier.

If it's a couple hundred below $2,000 I would say that's a good price for that setup.
post #37 of 37 Old 11-29-2013, 03:05 PM

I am also looking for In-wall and In-ceiling recommendation and thought I will just use this thread instead of new thread. I have a 20ft(L)x18ft(W) room in a new construction with vaulted ceiling. Ceiling has two sloped section and one flat section. Sloped section go from 10 ft to 14 ft and flat section is 14 ft. The width of these section are (4ft Sloped, 10ft flat and 4ft sloped). The front wall where we want to put TV is exterior so is the right wall and roof is exterior too (except the flat one). Now i know people have recommended against installing on exterior wall but i am almost decided on installing on that and my builder is okay with that as long as i don't put really big speakers.

Now for speaker selection. My budget is around $1500 including sub but as i said i am also trying to not select very big speakers. I have had Polk RM7 in past and i liked them. I have heard that klipsch is good but not easy to listen for a long time and so i was hesitant to select klipsch but i am open to that. Currently i am trying to build some setup using POLK RT vanishing series. I almost decided to use 255c-RT as center if i go with Polk and 620-RT ceiling as surround. For left and right i am thinking of either 65RT or 625RT. Is any of these are good choice to go with 255c-RT. I know people have suggested to go with 265-RT but i don't want to go with that because it is bigger. I could use some suggestion for ceiling surround also.

My other option is following setup of klipsch which i can afford because of a good deal right now but I have never heard klipsch but in general read comments that they they too bright.

One Pair R-5650-WII for the front left and right
R-5502-WII for the center channel
One pair CDT-5650-CII for the rear left and right surrounds

Now few things where i could use help/advice are

(1) Deciding on best Polk setup in terms of choice of speakers?
(2) Is above klipsch setup a lot better (in terms of spec) polk RT setup that i am trying to build?
(3) I also for a quote for episode 300 series from an installer. I am deciding against that because that because (a) I see most of the reviews from installers (b) I think i can buy better polk/klipsch set of speakers for same price. Will Polk RT and klipsch setup better than episode 300 series. I cannot afford episode 500 series.

Thanks for any advice.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page