Absolutely LOVE my Chase Home Theater Speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 - AVS Forum
First ... 3  4  5
Speakers > Absolutely LOVE my Chase Home Theater Speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hogues's Avatar hogues 03:27 PM 07-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zheka View Post

Congrats!
Mine were shipped next day. However I remember seeing a post on CHT forum recently about running low on SHO-10 stock, you might want to check with Craig.

Yeah, I'm close to buying and this really scares me.

XARiUS's Avatar XARiUS 06:55 AM 07-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezar View Post

So why did you decide to go with the PRO-10's witha SHO-10 center vs. all SHO-10's?

I see you went ahead and ordered some SHO's, awesome! My apologies for responding late. I'm a big 2-channel listener as well, and the PRO's were recommended to me by craig as sounding a bit warmer for music, while not compromising on the quality of sound for movies. I have to say, the SHO-10 center made a HUGE difference. I would love to be able to A/B switch PRO's and SHO's to really hear the difference, but I don't think I'm going to need SHO's for rear surrounds just yet. However it's tempting to jump on them with the stock being low until September!

I have no doubt you'll be happy with your purchase. I also have my SHO-10 on it's side underneath the tv. It sounds and looks fine!
357's Avatar 357 09:08 AM 07-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

Yeah, I'm close to buying and this really scares me.

Agreed. I don't wanna have to wait like some guys who ordered from elemental designs. I'll just wait instead of placing an order.
Carnut12's Avatar Carnut12 04:56 PM 07-08-2012
Craig said he had 18 or so left, get them before they are gone, not sure why this scares anyone? Production is stopping for 45 days due to the warehouse being worked on.
hogues's Avatar hogues 05:04 PM 07-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut12 View Post

Craig said he had 18 or so left, get them before they are gone, not sure why this scares anyone? Production is stopping for 45 days due to the warehouse being worked on.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. It scares me because I don't want to have a finished basement and no speakers! smile.gif The fact that he announced that there would be delays and the reason behind them is a good sign. Communication is always a good thing.

Edit: In fact, I think that I'm going to call tomorrow.
beezar's Avatar beezar 10:07 PM 07-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues View Post

Sorry, that's not what I meant. It scares me because I don't want to have a finished basement and no speakers! smile.gif The fact that he announced that there would be delays and the reason behind them is a good sign. Communication is always a good thing.
Edit: In fact, I think that I'm going to call tomorrow.

Yeah, Craig's post that he was running low on SHO-10's gave me the push I needed to order them... really didn't want to wait a few months. His post is either a really good marketing ploy, or more likely, exactly what he said. Any which way, I needed some encouragement to order them, and the post did the trick.

Let us know how your conversation with him goes.
beezar's Avatar beezar 10:09 PM 07-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XARiUS View Post

I see you went ahead and ordered some SHO's, awesome! My apologies for responding late. I'm a big 2-channel listener as well, and the PRO's were recommended to me by craig as sounding a bit warmer for music, while not compromising on the quality of sound for movies. I have to say, the SHO-10 center made a HUGE difference. I would love to be able to A/B switch PRO's and SHO's to really hear the difference, but I don't think I'm going to need SHO's for rear surrounds just yet. However it's tempting to jump on them with the stock being low until September!
I have no doubt you'll be happy with your purchase. I also have my SHO-10 on it's side underneath the tv. It sounds and looks fine!

No worries. I'm a 90% home theater guy, so I think the SHO-10's all across the front probably would be best for me.

Care to share pics of your setup? I'd like to see how the SHO-10 on its side looks under the TV.
XARiUS's Avatar XARiUS 01:37 PM 07-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezar View Post

No worries. I'm a 90% home theater guy, so I think the SHO-10's all across the front probably would be best for me.
Care to share pics of your setup? I'd like to see how the SHO-10 on its side looks under the TV.

Sure, I have two crappy cell phone pics I can share. The first had the subs side by side, but I could barely get into the room. Sounded best in this config! The second is with "tower". I'm somewhat space challenged at the moment! smile.gif

For reference, that's a 60" Samsung D7000

451

451
cel4145's Avatar cel4145 02:13 PM 07-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XARiUS View Post

451

I think you need to balance it out with two more stacked on the right side wink.gif

Seriously, though, your picture is making me feel like I can't wait because my two SS 18.1s shipped out today and should be here in a couple of days biggrin.gif
MKtheater's Avatar MKtheater 03:13 PM 07-09-2012
I would place them like your first picture and put your mains on top of them to spread out your LCR soundstage.
tesseract67's Avatar tesseract67 05:36 PM 07-09-2012
I pulled my SHO's forward just enough that the subs fit neatly behind them. This also allowed me to spread the SHO's out for a wide soundstage. I also fire my subs towards the side walls, this smooths the room response and helps eliminate floor bounce nulls from the stand mounted SHO-10's.
cel4145's Avatar cel4145 08:32 AM 07-12-2012
Got my SS 18.1 subs in yesterday and love them. I posted pictures here in the CHT thread on the AVS subwoofer forum.
beezar's Avatar beezar 11:12 AM 07-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XARiUS View Post

Sure, I have two crappy cell phone pics I can share. The first had the subs side by side, but I could barely get into the room. Sounded best in this config! The second is with "tower". I'm somewhat space challenged at the moment! smile.gif
For reference, that's a 60" Samsung D7000

Doesn't look bad at all; we'll have to see how the wife likes it.

Still anxiously awaiting the speakers; they haven't sent them out yet as far as I know, but at least I got a confirmation email from them a few days ago.
First ... 3  4  5

Up
Mobile  Desktop