Left Center Right recommendations for home theater, budget ~$3000 - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

I have Elemental Designs eD 12's from their cinema line. Currently eD is getting hammered for customer service issues, but my experience was great. I received 5 speakers in 2 weeks and my cc wasn't charged until they shipped.
If you click on the link in my signature you can see what they look like on top of my Seaton Submersive HP's. The center is custom, it's the same speaker as the left and right mains and looks a little unorthodox but sounds fantastic. If you order 3 or more speakers at a time you get a 15% discount. I couldn't be happier and didn't have to spend a fortune.

Your setup looks great! I don't think my wife will allow that center as the tweeter and ports are showing... not good for her. Too bad eD is having issues, sounded like some people have been waiting 6 months for their speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezar View Post

Your setup looks great! I don't think my wife will allow that center as the tweeter and ports are showing... not good for her. Too bad eD is having issues, sounded like some people have been waiting 6 months for their speakers

I agree, I'm bummed out to read about all the horror stories. Still, none of it takes away from how good these sound. Concert videos are downright dangerous. The louder I crank the volume the better it sounds and there is no limit. I have to keep my spl meter near by to keep it sane and keep my hearing. If I had this system back in college I would have gone deaf in a week. smile.gifeek.gif
Old 06-09-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezar View Post

So for HT, if you were to do the sealed JTR T8 horizontally as a center, would it be better to stay with sealed JTR T8 as left and right or would ported JTR T8 sound better for L and R?

I have always read that ideally the front three should be identical and that’s what I did and would recommend. It sounds so seamless when sounds/stuff pans from Right to Center to Left.. I do know there are a few folks running T12s and L/R and T8s as a Center without any complaints so either option could work with some form of room correction (ie Audyssey). From what I read in the JTR thread, the ported would have a little more midbass than the sealed but that 'should' be compensated/corrected when running room correction.