Sinclair Audio Owners Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 06-08-2012, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I know it's a longshot because most of you guys own more expensive/higher end speakers, but I think Sinclair Audio speakers are really good for people just starting their home theatre. I live in an apartment so I can't listen at high volumes, but I do enjoy being surrounded by sound while I watch movies or play video games. I'm also not an audiophile, so I can't justify spending thousands of dollars on a system that I just wouldn't be able to appreciate.

Check out their stuff, and let me know what you think. Here's their website: http://sinclairaudio.com

I currently own two of their 250T towers, two 40B bookshelf speakers, and their 25CC centre channel. I'm still trying to find a subwoofer that would be good for me, but that's another thread for another day.

Also, people who currently own Sinclair Audio speakers, what do you think about their quality/sound?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I don't have Sinclair right now but I've demoed them before in Montreal and I liked. I don't remember the model 'cause it was a while back. How do you like what you have now? Did you have anything else before for comparison?

cheers
post #3 of 11 Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had an Onkyo HTIB, but that's not really a good comparison to anything.

When I was in the showroom, I tried out some similarly priced/a little more expensive towers from companies like Polk & Energy, and I was sold on the Sinclair towers.

post #4 of 11 Old 09-23-2012, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi'i had Roth audio product Roth oli 40 floor standing speaker,I bought from superfi store at u.k and I get good price.same design with Sinclair audio product Brighton floor stand speaker.(i think same company)I do connect with Sony cdp-xe 570 and Sony AV amp str-dh 800.most I play to listen jazz,blue,classic and some pop and reggage music only.this speaker is heavy and solid body,good look and gold plate bi wire.sound is big bass,, clear voice and smooth treble to hear,I feel very excited to listing until now.that is my own recommended because I pay triple cheaper than other brand speaker and sound quality is good enjoyable,make save money...smile.gif
post #5 of 11 Old 12-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Liked: 10
I have the Sinclair Brighton 50B bookshelves for my fronts and the 25cc for the center channel. I have Paradigm Cinema 100's for the surround channels. I have been running them for a little over 18 months and am very pleased with the sound they put out. They are dynamic enough for my needs (70% movies, 20% gaming, 10% music). I find they give a very clean sound. I run them off of a Denon 2112ci and don't think I "need" more than what they offer. Our media room is 15' x 12' with a standard 8' ceiling, due to lack of space the bookshelf won out over towers (though space permitting I would have gone with the 260T for the fronts).
post #6 of 11 Old 04-20-2015, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This thread is in need of an update... I'm running the 45rs for surrounds. They sound amazing but I've heard them "pop" a few times. According to Sinclair's QA on website, the reason they pop is probably because they're under powered.

Just purchased the 25cc to replace the old dayton audio center speaker. I'm guessing this should be a big upgrade.

Planning on purchasing the 460T as soon as funds become available. For subs, I have two 18" martysubs, plenty of bass for my 1500 cuft room.

How do you like your 25cc? Is it loud enough for two row seating?
post #7 of 11 Old 04-21-2015, 04:00 PM

25cc just arrived and first impressions are positive; this thing is good looking with a sturdy build, much nicer than other centers I demoed in this price range at best buy. Taking off the grill and I just love the white/black colors. I'm excited to hook this thing up and hear improvement over the old dayton center, which is about half the size of this sinclair center.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-12-2015, 10:30 PM

The pop from surrounds was due to cabling. Replaced with 12 awg and no more pop at even highest volume. Also, purchased 460T with ribbon tweeter. The tweeter is amazing and crystal clear, but also highly directional so you need it facing you at ear level to really maximize sound. Also, these things are huge! I'm an athlete and even for me these things were difficult to move and set up. As for sound quality, watching movies I don't notice a huge difference between these and the cheap Dayton audio towers they're 4eplacing; except the tweeter. But there are subtle differences, and its nice knowing these Sinclairs can handle anything I or my Yamaha receiver can throw at them with ease.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-14-2015, 10:00 AM

Liked: 0
Hello everyone,

First post! but thought i should boast the sinclair brand, i agree with above statements. I have looked at a large selection of brands and for this price range its really hard to beat!possibly the best because its also a contender with the entry audiophile speakers. They sound AWESOME and as mentioned the build quality is incredible, very solid and heavy. Excellent bass and trebile, i feel like the mids could be better but it could just be me trying to pick them apart. I paid 650$ CDN for the 460T, also received a deal on the 50B bookshelves and 25CC center channel. Ill also be buying another pair of 50B's to make a 7.1 system once im out of my apartment..... yes apartment So the entire 7.1 package what i paid, would retail for a pair of B&W 684's ( i loved the sound of them especially for music ) but could also not be happier with my decision. I purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-79 with balls of power Bi amping the 460t's to 290watts rms per speaker and 145watts rms to center / surrounds.

On a side note, i pulled a 12" kicker L7 750rms sub out of my car and bought a 1000watt dayton plate amp ( actually around 800 watt ) but a solid ammount of power for the sub ( wish i had abit more overhead )

I highly recommend building your own subbox or paying for someone to do it for you. if your crafty do research on how to build one and tuning the box using winisd, it will give you information on how it will sound before you build it based on tuning of the box / size / sub characteristics. I wouldnt recommend the Kicker L7 to someone doing this down the road but it sounds solid and like a beast. it took a long time to set it up properly using the amps dials and my pioneers settings.

Either way i would recommend even audiophiles to check this brand out, it is a solid contender especially at its price point and build quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150614_123701.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	775681  
post #10 of 11 Old 06-14-2015, 10:03 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondi86 View Post
Hello everyone,

First post! but thought i should boast the sinclair brand, i agree with above statements. I have looked at a large selection of brands and for this price range its really hard to beat!possibly the best because its also a contender with the entry audiophile speakers. They sound AWESOME and as mentioned the build quality is incredible, very solid and heavy. Excellent bass and trebile, i feel like the mids could be better but it could just be me trying to pick them apart. I paid 650$ CDN for the 460T, also received a deal on the 50B bookshelves and 25CC center channel. Ill also be buying another pair of 50B's to make a 7.1 system once im out of my apartment..... yes apartment So the entire 7.1 package what i paid, would retail for a pair of B&W 684's ( i loved the sound of them especially for music ) but could also not be happier with my decision. I purchased a Pioneer Elite SC-79 with balls of power Bi amping the 460t's to 290watts rms per speaker and 145watts rms to center / surrounds.

On a side note, i pulled a 12" kicker L7 750rms sub out of my car and bought a 1000watt dayton plate amp ( actually around 800 watt ) but a solid ammount of power for the sub ( wish i had abit more overhead )

I highly recommend building your own subbox or paying for someone to do it for you. if your crafty do research on how to build one and tuning the box using winisd, it will give you information on how it will sound before you build it based on tuning of the box / size / sub characteristics. I wouldnt recommend the Kicker L7 to someone doing this down the road but it sounds solid and like a beast. it took a long time to set it up properly using the amps dials and my pioneers settings.

Either way i would recommend even audiophiles to check this brand out, it is a solid contender especially at its price point and build quality.
As a side note the acoustics of my living room are decent its long, just abit narrow. if you have a square room it will be hard to achieve a solid clean sound and my apartment has cement walls which is not a good choice. even in these conditions it sounds great.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-28-2015, 10:02 PM

Wow! You got a great deal on your speakers. I paid a bit more than that and I'm still happy with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Sinclair Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page