Do Good Wireless Surround Systems Exist? Also Recommendations Please? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone, I'm bad at making short thread titles.

As a few of you who have browsed the Home Theater Computers section may know, I'm planning on building an HTPC. And I may well overhaul the audio systems too. We've got a crappy Sony setup that we actually haven't used in several years because of the poor quality and the large, annoying cables.

So, I've begun a bit of research on home audio systems. I'd like 5.1 or, better yet, 7.1 surround. Having a cableless system isn't that important, but if I could get similar quality for no more than $50-100 more, I'd definitely do it.

I also plan running it off audio directly from my motherboard. Sorry audiophiles. A sound card will likely come later, and I'm really not a fan of external solutions, so yeah. Unless you guys convince me that I need one.

The budget is probably around $300, with, as I said, $50-100 more if it's really worth it and/or (preferably and) it's wireless.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 110
There really won't be any good setups that are wireless in your price range. Honestly, I'd up your budget for a wired setup as well. $300 won't offer you much.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
NaimUniti 2, Marantz SR7007, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

There really won't be any good setups that are wireless in your price range. Honestly, I'd up your budget for a wired setup as well. $300 won't offer you much.
I've heard Onkyo is pretty alright. This 7.1 setup is $400, and this 5.1 one is $250.

I dunno what I'd do with the DVD player, though. Would I need that?

Also, here seems to be a good amount of nice speaker systems, none of which are wireless but I don't actually care that much.

Or would it be better to get individual speakers, which hopefully you guys could recommend?
post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

It's been over a day. Any other input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page