Do Good Wireless Surround Systems Exist? Also Recommendations Please? - AVS Forum
Speakers > Do Good Wireless Surround Systems Exist? Also Recommendations Please?
ImThat1Guy's Avatar ImThat1Guy 12:39 PM 06-09-2012
Hi everyone, I'm bad at making short thread titles.

As a few of you who have browsed the Home Theater Computers section may know, I'm planning on building an HTPC. And I may well overhaul the audio systems too. We've got a crappy Sony setup that we actually haven't used in several years because of the poor quality and the large, annoying cables.

So, I've begun a bit of research on home audio systems. I'd like 5.1 or, better yet, 7.1 surround. Having a cableless system isn't that important, but if I could get similar quality for no more than $50-100 more, I'd definitely do it.

I also plan running it off audio directly from my motherboard. Sorry audiophiles. A sound card will likely come later, and I'm really not a fan of external solutions, so yeah. Unless you guys convince me that I need one.

The budget is probably around $300, with, as I said, $50-100 more if it's really worth it and/or (preferably and) it's wireless.

Thanks all!

callas01's Avatar callas01 01:56 PM 06-09-2012
There really won't be any good setups that are wireless in your price range. Honestly, I'd up your budget for a wired setup as well. $300 won't offer you much.
ImThat1Guy's Avatar ImThat1Guy 02:11 PM 06-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

There really won't be any good setups that are wireless in your price range. Honestly, I'd up your budget for a wired setup as well. $300 won't offer you much.
I've heard Onkyo is pretty alright. This 7.1 setup is $400, and this 5.1 one is $250.

I dunno what I'd do with the DVD player, though. Would I need that?

Also, here seems to be a good amount of nice speaker systems, none of which are wireless but I don't actually care that much.

Or would it be better to get individual speakers, which hopefully you guys could recommend?
ImThat1Guy's Avatar ImThat1Guy 06:33 PM 06-10-2012
It's been over a day. Any other input?
Up
Mobile  Desktop