Definitive Technology In Wall - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Before I plunge and make the purchase I want to see what set up would work the best for a dedicated home theater. Here are some specifics:

Receiver TX-NR818 (Onkyo)
7.2 System
16'x30' dedicated theater
Front Speakers will go behind screen

Looking at all in wall:

Different set ups:

Front Left - Front Center - Front Right (UIW RLS III)
4 Surrounds (UIW RSS III)
SUB (IWSUB 10/10)

Front Left - Front Right (UIW 75 or UIW 65 or UIW 55)
Front Center (UIW RLS II or UIW RLS III)
4 Surrounds (UIW BP/A)
SUB (IWSUB 10/10)

Or is there another combination of these speakers you would recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 332
I would take a look at RBH or Triad. Their specs seem to be a more accurate representation of what you are buying. The 24hz frequency response of the DT is pure marking bull. Although they do not list it as an f3 point, it leads one to think that the speaker has a usable response down to 24hz. Heck there are very few full range tower speakers that can illegitimately claim an f3 of 24hz.

RBH Sound in-walls: http://www.rbhsound.com/inwall.php
Triad http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/intropagelcrscenter.html

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Definitive Technology In wall theater is amazing and they are one of the very best dollar for dollar in wall systems around. Very clear and dynamic.
Forget about the spec's , we all know they don't go that low , your not going to try and send that low of information to them as they will be set to small and redirecting all low end to the subs , yes use 2 in wall subs please. They work much better in pairs especially for the room you listed.

I like the first system much better. But I would take it a step further and use all 7 channels with UIW RLSII's all the way around. It totally rocks and sounds amazingly balanced. I actually just put together a full dedicated theater with the same exact setup but I power it with a Integra DHC80.3 preamp and a Integra DTA70.1 I also use a 133 inch 2:35:1 microperf Screen so the front 3 all live behind it. The UIW's play perfectly through the screen even before calibration.

does the 818 receiver have a true dual sub out's? If Not I might be a good idea to upgrade to a Onkyo model that does or go Integra which have true dual sub outs in the 80.3. Also buy 2 sub amps so you can take full advantage of this setup.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 PM

I am also looking for a sub to COMPLIMENT my LCR Def Tech RLS II's. SVS, Paradigm, etc. rears will come after. Cant buy all at once.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 AM

All:

I have been thinking of doing this as well. Although i hear triad is much better they are so difficult to get. Every dealer i talk to wants to charge much more than what i see here on the forums. The def tech speakers are just easier to find. I live in the denver metro area and i called around to several def tech dealers and was actually able to hear the RLS line live. there is much more competition for them in my area so the price point is much lower. As for triad i called the numbers on the web site and the majority of the numbers were changed or disconnected so i called triad directly and they sent me to 2 dealers that wanted well over 1,000 for the silver LCR's each which is nothing like what i see here, also i was not able to hear them in any showroom.

Long story short to add to this old thread is i think i will go def tech simply because they seem to have better reprsentation in my area.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page