Help choosing in ceiling speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In the process of building a new house. My existing HT gear (Paradigm Studio 5.1 set, Epik Empire, Emotiva XPA-5, TBD pre/pro), will go in a dedicated media room. The living-room is going to have a pre-installed 4.0 in wall system, which I'm going to upgrade pretty quickly, as they aren't using anything spectacular.

My wife likes the aesthetic of the circular in ceilings, which I'm going to stick with since I get free reign in the media room. I was originally going to keep my modded Polk LSi's in the living room, but will likely be putting those up for sale.

At any rate, I'm looking for suggestions for in ceiling speakers. I'm thinking 8 inch speakers. Main concern is music, but I'm more concerned with having a dynamic, lively presentation for parties, casual listening, and what-not. Also need something fairly efficient, as these will be driven off my Onkyo 805, and I don't really want to have to buy a separate amp.

The paradigm studios I have are along the lines of the type of sound I'm looking for, so my natural inclination is to the Paradigm in-walls. A part of me, however, wants something different, as this might be redundant with my HT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Give us a shoot for recommendations. A budget would help a lot. You can get a nice preforming in ceiling HT using Klipsch or Triad. A lot depends on your budget.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #3 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 105
What is the size of the room, and what is your budget?
post #4 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The room is a 17x17 square, but the ceiling is open the second floor, and it opens to a kitchen. Front speakers will be mounted on the wall to the right.....rears will be mounted on the ceiling in the kitchen (right next to the opening to the living-room). Not an ideal space, but not looking for perfection either.

I'm thinking at spending about $1,000 on this...maybe a bit more if its worth it.

7181010819_97c153d139_z.jpg

7181008733_5e0d358eab_z.jpg

7181240807_54b08b3684_z.jpg
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page