Center Channel Placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm looking at a piece of furniture with a space for a larger, upgraded speaker, but am wondering if the speaker will be too low. The furniture is 22 inches high, which places the center channel somewhere between 13 and 21 inches off of the floor. I can tilt it up, but wasn't sure if this would be sufficient. (My current center channel is only 5 inches high and sits on top of a 25 inch piece of furniture, which works just fine with my 65 inch display on a stand.) Ideally, I woould like the display sitting a bit lower than it is now, but didn't really think through the audio and visual trade-offs. I know this isn't a new "problem," just one I haven't experienced before. I would appreciate any solutions or opinions, since the upgraded center channel and furniture will set me back a few bucks. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhydro View Post

I'm looking at a piece of furniture with a space for a larger, upgraded speaker, but am wondering if the speaker will be too low. The furniture is 22 inches high, which places the center channel somewhere between 13 and 21 inches off of the floor. I can tilt it up, but wasn't sure if this would be sufficient.

Whether this would work for you is a personal matter, but I think that 21" is high enough, and I'd recommend that you tilt the center up until it points at the average ear level at your viewing distance (shouldn't take much).
post #3 of 4 Old 06-18-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post

Whether this would work for you is a personal matter, but I think that 21" is high enough, and I'd recommend that you tilt the center up until it points at the average ear level at your viewing distance (shouldn't take much).

Thanks for the advice.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

tilt would work just fine.

Or if you can, make the center stand vertically on the floor. I did that and enjoy it more than tilting it.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page