7.1 channel on-wall flat panel speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in the market to upgrade my home theater surround sound components. I have already selected the Marantz SR6006 and I am trying to find some good speakers to pair with it. I would like the sound of some huge front speakers but these will go next to an LED LCD flat panel so something in that form factor is my preference.

I have heard the Definitive audio Mythos XTRs (XTR50 with XTR20bp and Supercube 6000) and I like the sound a lot. But it seems like there is some frequency drop out in the mid range (am I crazy?) I love the enclosure on these too, it looks very high quality. I also like the remote that is included with the supercube to adjust the base.

I am also looking at the KEF T series and the Klipsch G series but I have not heard them. I have seen some good reviews and the larger mid/bass drivers in the KEF look promising to a neophyte like myself, but am I crazy? The lower price here begs the question if the quality of these speakers will be up to the level of the definitive, and does that even mater for audio reproduction?

Does anyone have experience with these speakers and could offer advice or recommendations?

Anyone else have other recommendations? I am looking for a package I can be happy with for the next decade plus.

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 PM

Liked: 52
I haven't installed the Def Tech but in that price range I'd also consider Triad or Atlantic Technology.

The Kef T series is decent but not stellar. There many advantage is thin aesthetics. I have heard the T series and there are other speakers I'd choose before them but none anywhere near as thin.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by hepcatg View Post

Anyone else have other recommendations? I am looking for a package I can be happy with for the next decade plus.
cheers
I would look at Atlantic Technology

And I would even consider the Focal Sib XL, over small driver
flat panel speakers - and, Focal is good.
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-4906-focal-sib-xl-speaker-ea.aspx

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PA-R200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #4 of 5 Old 06-20-2012, 01:58 PM

Liked: 12
I love my Triad OnWall Bronze LCRs.

http://triadspeakers.com/products/owblcr.html

The best build quality. They sound much better than the B&W towers that I auditioned them with. They deliver full, crisp sound in my untreated room. Use them for music and movies and couldn't be happier.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctrombly View Post

I love my Triad OnWall Bronze LCRs.
http://triadspeakers.com/products/owblcr.html
The best build quality. They sound much better than the B&W towers that I auditioned them with. They deliver full, crisp sound in my untreated room. Use them for music and movies and couldn't be happier.

The Triad's are 4 ohms. I imagine he's want to invest in a amp before going to a 4 ohm speaker as the receiver is only rated to handle down to 6 ohms. Could it handle it? Sure...but I don't know how well.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page