Help Choosing Fronts - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 49 Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheater1010 View Post

That's the most annoying answers I have ever heard in my life .... Go find a 12 ohm speaker ...lol good luck

Can you...like...go away now? You're the only one who isn't helpful and you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.
nbean16 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 49 Old 06-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Member
 
HomeTheater1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Really I'm trying to give you real advice that I have been though ..... Good luck ! You will see what I mean soon , thx for the fine words
HomeTheater1010 is offline  
post #33 of 49 Old 06-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Robert Cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego County, CA, USA
Posts: 985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheater1010 View Post

That's the most annoying answers I have ever heard in my life .... Go find a 12 ohm speaker ...lol good luck

It was merely a theoretical example. I actually own a couple of 16 ohm speakers if that would make you feel less annoyed. wink.gif
Robert Cook is offline  
post #34 of 49 Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So since all of the boston stuff is so cheap at accessories4less.com right now, I'm actually maybe considering moving the A26's I bought to the rear and getting 2 floor standers. Either the A250 or the A360. My question is if I went with the A360 will the Denon 1612 I have be enough to handle them? Or will I be better served just getting the A250? Or stick with A26's all around? By the way, I sold my Velodyne VX-11 and got the Energy s10.3.
nbean16 is offline  
post #35 of 49 Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

So since all of the boston stuff is so cheap at accessories4less.com right now, I'm actually maybe considering moving the A26's I bought to the rear and getting 2 floor standers. Either the A250 or the A360. My question is if I went with the A360 will the Denon 1612 I have be enough to handle them? Or will I be better served just getting the A250? Or stick with A26's all around? By the way, I sold my Velodyne VX-11 and got the Energy s10.3.

If you are not aiming for mancave loudness levels, then the A-26 is fine. For your
size room, the A-250 towers would be enough floor wise. Below mancave sound
levels, the Denon can handle the 8ohm Boston speakers.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #36 of 49 Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
While I do listen to music loud, I was more curious if the quality will be much better with the a360 over the a250 due to the extra mid range driver?
nbean16 is offline  
post #37 of 49 Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

While I do listen to music loud, I was more curious if the quality will be much better with the a360 over the a250 due to the extra mid range driver?

I have not listened to the A-360 > however, I would expect it to be a somewhat
overall better performer than the A-250. A well designed and engineered 3/way
can be really nice. The main difference, should be in the power handing and bass
with more sound area coverage. The main thing is to make sure, that you have
enough listening area and seating distance in your room, for it to perform well.
11 x 15, is not a bigger type room.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #38 of 49 Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

I have not listened to the A-360 > however, I would expect it to be a somewhat
overall better performer than the A-250. A well designed and engineered 3/way
can be really nice. The main difference, should be in the power handing and bass
with more sound area coverage. The main thing is to make sure, that you have
enough listening area and seating distance in your room, for it to perform well.
11 x 15, is not a bigger type room.

So taking into account my room size, you're saying it may be too small for the a360 but the denon will handle it? Of the 3 choices (a26, a250, and a360) which would you go with for my room? Assuming cost doesn't matter.
nbean16 is offline  
post #39 of 49 Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

So taking into account my room size, you're saying it may be too small for the a360 but the denon will handle it? Of the 3 choices (a26, a250, and a360) which would you go with for my room? Assuming cost doesn't matter.

The Denon can do 71 watts per channel, in 5 channel surround mode. The Boston is not hard to drive
being an 8ohm nominal speaker. Need to remember that the subwoofer has its own internal amp, and
will take some pressure off the receiver. If you do not feel comfortable, then buy a more powerful receiver.

The A-26 can do well in your room - the sub can pick up the bass below 80hz. If you do not have speaker
stands, then the A-250 is a good option. You can always test the A-26 that you have coming, if you do not
believe that it is strong enough, then order the A-250. I would not put the A-360 in a room that size, how-
ever your choice.smile.gif

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #40 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

The Denon can do 71 watts per channel, in 5 channel surround mode. The Boston is not hard to drive
being an 8ohm nominal speaker. Need to remember that the subwoofer has its own internal amp, and
will take some pressure off the receiver. If you do not feel comfortable, then buy a more powerful receiver.
The A-26 can do well in your room - the sub can pick up the bass below 80hz. If you do not have speaker
stands, then the A-250 is a good option. You can always test the A-26 that you have coming, if you do not
believe that it is strong enough, then order the A-250. I would not put the A-360 in a room that size, how-
ever your choice.smile.gif

Ok, thanks for the advice. If I use the a26s for the rear is there a good place to find a stand that's tall enough and stable enough to hold them? Or is wall mounting the only way to go? I couldnt find any tall stands that looked like they'd work.
nbean16 is offline  
post #41 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

Ok, thanks for the advice. If I use the a26s for the rear is there a good place to find a stand that's tall enough and stable enough to hold them? Or is wall mounting the only way to go? I couldnt find any tall stands that looked like they'd work.

Take a look at the Sanus - a 6 x 6 top plate can work
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_051NF30B/Sanus-NF30-Speaker-Stands-Black-lacquer.html?tp=1386

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #42 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Isn't that too short for the rear? I was thinking I'd need at least 40''
nbean16 is offline  
post #43 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

Isn't that too short for the rear? I was thinking I'd need at least 40''

You can wall mount them, with this.
http://www.amazon.com/Pinpoint-AM-40B-Clamping-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B002UV03MW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #44 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
That's actually exactly what I was looking at. The back of the a26's have a cross shaped hole I assume for mounting,but I've seen very little that's compatible with it.
nbean16 is offline  
post #45 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

That's actually exactly what I was looking at. The back of the a26's have a cross shaped hole I assume for mounting,but I've seen very little that's compatible with it.

That is a single keyhole slot, to wall mount the speaker - and wall mount it with a screw.
The Pin-point mount is the better option, so you can keep the rear port from being against
the wall. The port needs some room to breathe, and the speaker will sound better.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #46 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

That is a single keyhole slot, to wall mount the speaker - and wall mount it with a screw.
The Pin-point mount is the better option, so you can keep the rear port from being against
the wall. The port needs some room to breathe, and the speaker will sound better.

Yeah, I thought it looked like it would work with just a screw, but it seemed ridiculous to mount the speaker right against the wall, which is another reason I wanted stands, to get it even further from the wall.
nbean16 is offline  
post #47 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

Yeah, I thought it looked like it would work with just a screw, but it seemed ridiculous to mount the speaker right against the wall, which is another reason I wanted stands, to get it even further from the wall.

Here is a 36" 6 x 6 top plate speaker stand
http://www.standsandmounts.com/sanusnaturalfoundations36inchspeakerstandsnf36b.aspx

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #48 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
nbean16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

Here is a 36" 6 x 6 top plate speaker stand
http://www.standsandmounts.com/sanusnaturalfoundations36inchspeakerstandsnf36b.aspx

Considered those. Any experience with these or any reason they shouldn't work?:

http://www.standsandmounts.com/vtiblseries3334-59inchadjustableheightspeakerstandsble101blackorsilver.aspx
nbean16 is offline  
post #49 of 49 Old 06-29-2012, 10:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,453
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbean16 View Post

Considered those. Any experience with these or any reason they shouldn't work?:
http://www.standsandmounts.com/vtiblseries3334-59inchadjustableheightspeakerstandsble101blackorsilver.aspx
I see that you have been window shopping.
No experience with them - they look good, and should work for you.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off