Which PSB rears to use - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I hav a hometh. setup of Marantz sr 5006, PSB T6, Dali icon center, 2 x SVS PB12
-- and som horrible Klipsch RS 42 as rears.

I need some new rears.

As some might have noted, I have been given the advice of replacing the Klipsch with some decent PSB bookshelf speakers.

When playing SACD the sound produced by Klipsch is just loud shrilling, not music. The rest of my speakers give me wonderful, silky smooth MUSIC.

Can I use PSB Imagine MINI as rears?

Or should I use proper bipolar speakers, such as PSB Image S 5 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Really depends on your space and needs. Looking at what you have there's a lot of power up front. The T6 are part of the Image family so it would make sense to look at either the Image B or Image Mini. the Image B is not that small nor lite depending on how you plan to mount it. The "mini' despite it's size has earned a stellar reputation but again looking at what you have up front it might not fill the need. The difference between the two is 150w vs 80w peak. Those T6 towers are 200w. All have the same tweeter. But the Image B is 38lbs pair vs 16lbs a pair for the mini. As to the S5's, I love Biopole speakers but to get the best of them they really need to be setup right and in the correct location. They're little more finicky as to placement than bookself.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page