jamo s6065.1 plus a set of Hafler M5 for a 7.1 system/ timbre matching question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I am upgrading my HT w/ a new panasonic 55 inch plasma viera gt30 panel and want to have the 7.1 audio. I have a set of jamo s606 5.1 (w/ velodyne bass box). I am wondering how important the timbre matching really is for most folks. The jamo's are 6ohms speakers and looking thru my AV stuff I realized I have some hafler 6 ohm studio monitor bookshelf speakers that I could use for the upper fronts or rear surrounds. I can buy new jamo S602 pair of speakers, which would be the ideal scenerio in a perfect world, for $134 shipped, but would rather recycle the haflers.

The haflers are very bright, flat and full, like the jamo's and I am thinking they would work fine. Any opinions on the importance of timbre matching? And if I do use the haflers, should I use them for rears so all the front speakers are matched or do I use them as the front uppers. The haflers are bigger than the jamo S60 set that came with the jamo set up. The haflers are 5.25" driver and 1.25" tweeter and the jamo S60's are a 4' driver and 1' tweeter. They have not made the hafler m5 for a while, but here is a link on some info http://www.hafler.com/products/hafler_products_details.asp?productID=4488&viewId=1

So if I do go this route, should I keep all the jamo's up front to match the front and use the haflers for rear? Hey thanks all.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page