HTD In-ceiling speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any experience with their in-ceiling speakers. Considering them along with Lync system for whole house audio.
I've heard of rave reviews on their Lycn system Vs. speakers (haven't heard much).

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAusio80 View Post

Any experience with their in-ceiling speakers. Considering them along with Lync system for whole house audio.
I've heard of rave reviews on their Lycn system Vs. speakers (haven't heard much).
Thx!

To be honest, my neighbor bought some in-ceiling HTD speakers for his home theater room (HD-R65AIM speakers) and I was not overly impressed with the sound quality. That said, I thought they were worth the price, and this was not for whole house audio which is less demanding.

I would look into something like this:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/SNELLOHT7/SNELL-OH-T7-Full-range-6.5-inch-coax-Direct-Power-waveguide-Each/1.html

Or this (BG Radia ribbon tweeters are excellent for audio):
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ETHERT6C/Ethereal-ERT-6CJ-6.5-In-Ceiling-Speakers-BG-Radia-Ribbon-Tweeter-Pr/1.html
post #3 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

To be honest, my neighbor bought some in-ceiling HTD speakers for his home theater room (HD-R65AIM speakers) and I was not overly impressed with the sound quality. That said, I thought they were worth the price, and this was not for whole house audio which is less demanding.
I would look into something like this:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/SNELLOHT7/SNELL-OH-T7-Full-range-6.5-inch-coax-Direct-Power-waveguide-Each/1.html
Or this (BG Radia ribbon tweeters are excellent for audio):
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ETHERT6C/Ethereal-ERT-6CJ-6.5-In-Ceiling-Speakers-BG-Radia-Ribbon-Tweeter-Pr/1.html

Thx!
I've had some others point me to the A4less site as well. But i was checking specifically on HTD. To be very honest, this is the first not-so-great review I heard ;-
Granted I am only reviewing external sites & their own site etc, but so far most folks seem to like the speakers (includes their level 2/3 towers/bookshelves).

Most seem to be raving about the cost/quality. So, I do really appreciate your honest view on it. Thx
post #4 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 436
My reccomendation is still the same, from one of your other threads.
I would go with the Snell speakers, from AC4L.

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
post #5 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAusio80 View Post

Thx!
I've had some others point me to the A4less site as well. But i was checking specifically on HTD. To be very honest, this is the first not-so-great review I heard ;-
Granted I am only reviewing external sites & their own site etc, but so far most folks seem to like the speakers (includes their level 2/3 towers/bookshelves).
Most seem to be raving about the cost/quality. So, I do really appreciate your honest view on it. Thx

For the record, my neighbor loves them for the price he paid. I would still recommend them to folks on a budget, so I would not take the review too negatively, but there are some very interesting options out there at similar pricepoints that I would investigate.

You could do a bake off, and order a few different brands of speakers and try them in your home then buy the one you liked the best.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM

Liked: 11
I have a pair of the BG Radia 6CJ in ceiling speakers (http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ETHERT6C/Ethereal-ERT-6CJ-6.5-In-Ceiling-Speakers-BG-Radia-Ribbon-Tweeter-Pr/1.html). I couldn't be happier with them, especially for the price. However, I'm using them for music only, although they would work for HT as they have an adjustable tweeter. The sound is much "bigger" that I expected from a speaker that size. Excellent mid-range / highs with suprisingly good bass.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-12-2012, 03:02 PM

I have 6 of them for whole house audio (the HTD) and use 4 for my surround sound. I think they sound great for the price and performance.

Good luck either way!
post #8 of 8 Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider34z View Post

I have 6 of them for whole house audio (the HTD) and use 4 for my surround sound. I think they sound great for the price and performance.
Good luck either way!

Thx Geoff/Slider.

Appreciate your responses. I think it may be best to audition these along with Polk, Jamo (seems to be popular with professional installers) etc.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page