Do I need to buy external speakers for a Samsung LED UE55ES6100 TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to know if I need to buy external speakers for a Samsung LED UE55ES6100 TV, or are the internal speakers of the TV itself sufficient to produce a good overall sound?

I'm asking this to see whether there is need in buying any external speakers since I don't know if the internal speakers of the TV itself are weak or not in producing a good overall sound.

If there is the need to invest in an external set of speakers, could anyone suggest me what to buy?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Well, you don't *HAVE* to buy anything. However, all TVs come with pretty cheap, flimsy speakers, now days. Especially the newest thin panel TVs. There's not much room inside that one inch thick frame to fit much quality. Now, it also depends on what this TV is going to be used for. Since you're buying a decent model and a decent size, I'd assume it's to be used as a main TV for movies, games, sports watching, etc... If that's the case, you'll likely want something a little nicer than the built in speakers. Hell, even a cheap surround sound package with a sub would give you a far better experience than the TV speakers! You could also look into a surround bar. They're very simple to hook up, it's just the one speaker that sits under your TV and they usually come with a sub. That would also provide a very superior listening experience, versus the TV speakers.

In the end, your question hinges on a lot. What are you planning to watch on the TV? How big is the room it will be in? How much would you be able to spend? Would you prefer small surround speakers that blend or could you make room for floorstanding speakers, etc? You'd need to provide some additional information if you'd like some advice on what brands or packages to look at.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide View Post

Well, you don't *HAVE* to buy anything. However, all TVs come with pretty cheap, flimsy speakers, now days. Especially the newest thin panel TVs. There's not much room inside that one inch thick frame to fit much quality. Now, it also depends on what this TV is going to be used for. Since you're buying a decent model and a decent size, I'd assume it's to be used as a main TV for movies, games, sports watching, etc... If that's the case, you'll likely want something a little nicer than the built in speakers. Hell, even a cheap surround sound package with a sub would give you a far better experience than the TV speakers! You could also look into a surround bar. They're very simple to hook up, it's just the one speaker that sits under your TV and they usually come with a sub. That would also provide a very superior listening experience, versus the TV speakers.
In the end, your question hinges on a lot. What are you planning to watch on the TV? How big is the room it will be in? How much would you be able to spend? Would you prefer small surround speakers that blend or could you make room for floorstanding speakers, etc? You'd need to provide some additional information if you'd like some advice on what brands or packages to look at.

I plan on using the TV solely for gaming and watching movies.

I'd like to hook up to the TV my many consoles, namely PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii.

I was thinking in buying an HT-E5200 2 Speaker Smart 3D Blu-ray & DVD Home Theatre System.

My only problem is how to make the sound from the HTS speakers come out from my 3 consoles as well as the blu-ray player (4 devices in total) without the hassle of needing to plug/unplug cables each time I switch between the different consoles and the blu-ray player.

If you could enlighten me on the matter, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
post #4 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
what your wanting to do will require a reciever....check out these onkyo setups that include a reciever.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=onkyo+home+theater&tag=hydsma-20&index=aps&hvadid=19693621434&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1697793247224215155&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_6i7d962qwi_b

Doing what I do best...LIVIN!
post #5 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6113 View Post

what your wanting to do will require a reciever....check out these onkyo setups that include a reciever.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=onkyo+home+theater&tag=hydsma-20&index=aps&hvadid=19693621434&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1697793247224215155&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_6i7d962qwi_b

To expand on Josh's post, your video devices (PS3, Xbox, etc) will all plug into your receiver, and your receiver will have 1 main video output so you never have to switch anything on the TV itself. On the receiver, you would need to switch what device it is. So you'll have video/audio inputs for something named "GAME" which might be your Xbox, you might have another called SAT which is for your cable/satellite TV, etc. When you want to watch a show on your cable/satellite, you simply press the SAT button on your receiver's remote, and it selects the audio/video stream that you chose when you set everything up.

Cheers,
Chad
post #6 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye11 View Post

To expand on Josh's post, your video devices (PS3, Xbox, etc) will all plug into your receiver, and your receiver will have 1 main video output so you never have to switch anything on the TV itself. On the receiver, you would need to switch what device it is. So you'll have video/audio inputs for something named "GAME" which might be your Xbox, you might have another called SAT which is for your cable/satellite TV, etc. When you want to watch a show on your cable/satellite, you simply press the SAT button on your receiver's remote, and it selects the audio/video stream that you chose when you set everything up.
Cheers,
Chad

Can this buy done with an HT-E5200 2 Speaker Smart 3D Blu-ray & DVD Home Theatre System?
post #7 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus99 View Post

Can this buy done with an HT-E5200 2 Speaker Smart 3D Blu-ray & DVD Home Theatre System?

it seems you can but with only 2 sources as it has only two HDMI imputs and 1 HDMI output....if your only going to use 2 sources then yes.

Doing what I do best...LIVIN!
post #8 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 07:25 AM

Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus99 View Post

I would like to know if I need to buy external speakers for a Samsung LED UE55ES6100 TV, or are the internal speakers of the TV itself sufficient to produce a good overall sound?
I'm asking this to see whether there is need in buying any external speakers since I don't know if the internal speakers of the TV itself are weak or not in producing a good overall sound.
If there is the need to invest in an external set of speakers, could anyone suggest me what to buy?
Thanks.

I have the big brother to what you have, the UN60ES6100 and YES, YES, YES you need to lose those speakers. smile.gif

Two things, the speakers are thin and tinny sounding as they lack any bass response and are tinny sounding as the range of the small, cheapish speakers are very limited in their ability to reproduce sound. These speakers severely limit the listening experience.

As to buying a set of speakers, one needs to set a budget as today, recordings are done in 5.1 sound as opposed to stereo sound. You'll need a receiver to decode the 5.1 sound and a six speaker system to reproduce the decoded sound. A budget can run several hundred dollars for a system one might find at Costco upwards to $5k for a decent home theater sound system. The price is wide ranging because the choices are wide ranging.

A suggestion, read up on 5.1 home theater sound and stop by Costco and look at what's available. Familiarize yourself with the territory first. Then set an entry level budget to buy a complete introductory system. I'd say three to five hundred dollars would be a reasonable buy in budget for a complete starter system and go from there as in the case of home theater, quite literally, there isn't a fiscal limit.

Hope the above helps.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
if you want "good" sound, you should spend at least 2000 bucks on 2 floorstanders, a center, 2 rears, and a good a/v receiver.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: close to Milwaukee, WI but far enough from the hood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagBoss View Post

if you want "good" sound, you should spend at least 2000 bucks on 2 floorstanders, a center, 2 rears, and a good a/v receiver.

Not sure where this figure came in, but this sort of thing is VERY subjective. I would argue you can achieve "good sound" for less than that.

Pat
post #11 of 12 Old 07-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnshan View Post

Not sure where this figure came in, but this sort of thing is VERY subjective. I would argue you can achieve "good sound" for less than that.
Pat

Yes it is very subjective, that is why I said "good" sound. As in some people would say my "good" sound is amazing (if your upgrading from a HTIB), or some would say its terrible (if they have $150,000 set-up)

my definition of "good" sound is medium volume in a room, with a full frequency response of 20 hz to 20khz. So 5 speakers, 1 decent sub, 1 avr.

and $2000 MSRP :P you can definitely find good deals and build very nice budget systems if you buy online or get good sales.
post #12 of 12 Old 05-06-2013, 07:04 PM

around 36 inche Samsung for bedroom 13X15 ft. Hard of hearing and nerve damage.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page