Need some help on some new front speakers please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, so I finally am going to bit the bullet and slightly upgrade my mediocre Polk R50's that are currently my fronts. Right now I am kind of at an impasse as to continue with better budget floorstanders or nicer bookshelf speakers. My current setup is in a small apartment bedroom as of now. Here is my dilemma: I recently walked into Best Buy and listened to a pair of Energy CB-10 speakers, which are excellent and I have really wanted some Energy speakers for a while now, because eventually I want my entire surround setup to consist of Energy speakers. But then I walked into my local Fry's and saw that both the Infinity Primus 363 and the JBL ES80 were on sale for pretty good discounted prices, and thus listened to them as well, and they sounded pretty good too. So my question is between these three, which one would you suggest? My budget right now unfortunately is about $300. My current sub is one that I got in a Onkyo 7.1 HTIB, which held its own so far. Anyway, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-24-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 106
The Primus deal is ridiculous. I would be all over those...
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page