How much are Tannoy F4's worth? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have looked on Kijiji and Ebay in an effort to answer my own question with no luck. I am in Canada and looking to buy a pair of Tannoy F4's in dark oak from a friend so I just need to know a fair price.

Also, this pair would be for music in a fairly large living room (17'x23' with cathedral ceilings). I am in no way an audiophile; are these likely to be good enough? Testing them isn't really an option since my friend is 300 miles away.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Well, seeing as a negotiating price is hard to find, they're worth what you're willing to pay or he is willing to sell. Tannoy is not a well known brand amongst the mainstream so it kind of makes it harder to guess.

butter and jelly please.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. They were her husband's speakers before the divorce so she doesn't even know how much was paid for them. As I mentioned it's a friend so if I offered $25 she'd take it out of politeness but my aim is to know what's reasonable. I see some Tannoy bookshelf speakers on Kijiji for $80 and some other ones for $5,000 so it's hard for someone uneducated to even get a sense for the value.

If a pair of F4's went up on AVS Buy & Sell today what would they likely be listed at? I appreciate any assistance
post #4 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

It is hard to say. I haven't seen much tannoy mention around here but I have read a little about them. If those are tannoy mercury f4's then the 2 minute research I did on them priced them @ £120 to £400 used. I have no idea how pounds convert to Canadian currency but going from what I offered, what you know about these, I would venture that you base your offer upon how much you're willing to spend and not regret if you don't like the way they sound/produce.

butter and jelly please.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

Oh and some of tannoy's vintage speakers go for all kinds of high prices. The f4's seem to be a modern affordable tower speaker. I didn't see what these went for new so you really are on your own to set the price.

butter and jelly please.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-05-2012, 04:21 AM

A quick check on Google shows that they generally sell for $120 and up, so if you offered $25.....
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page